cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS1 to QS PC... Finally!

tag
cjd
Valued Member

Re: Capital One QS1 to QS PC... Finally!

Congrats! I just did mine this morning.

Starting Score: April 2012 EQ 624
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ 751
Goal Score: New Goal: 775!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge No Apps for the foreseeable future.

Message 11 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I tried and tried and tried to PC my old QS1, (formerly Orchard Bank). Finally gave up and closed it. A few months later Cap One started their limit combining thing.

Message 12 of 51
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I tried and tried and tried to PC my old QS1, (formerly Orchard Bank). Finally gave up and closed it. A few months later Cap One started their limit combining thing.

That's the crazy part... I got the QS Visa last March with the intention of closing the QS1 altogether.  Then just as the AF came due in July, they started allowing the 'combination', but the new QS Visa was only four months old at the time -  two months shy of the required six months to qualify to be 'combined'.  Since it was literally a 'near miss' I decided to 'suck it up' and pay the half AF one more time (they agreed to waive half again). 

It worked out OK I guess... so far, I'm still getting CLIs on each card individually (the last time was $1k on each) and now that there's no AF on the QS1 I actually ended up where I wanted to be, but with a now one-year old Visa Sig as well. 

I'm sorry you missed the combining with your old Orchard... I do know the feeling indirectly, though - I applied for Sallie Mae just before it was closed to new apps... just to find out I was blacklisted due to an old Juniper account from years ago.  That would have truly been a nice addition, but 'it is what it is'... LOL.

Message 13 of 51
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Creditdreamer wrote:

Your thread encouraged me to try to PC my Platinum to a QS no AF again. I've tried probably three times in the last couple months (I've had the card for about 4 months). One time they told me they would do it, then transferred me and the new rep said that I didn't have an offer. Confusing. But anyway........

APPROVED. Yay! Now I have two QS Mastercards. My plan is to keep trying for CLIs and then wait about a year or year and a half from opening and then combine. We'll see how it goes.

That's awesome!  I always love to hear how something I've posted has helped somebody else!  Smiley Very Happy

@cjd wrote:

Congrats to you as well!  One less AF is just more $$$ we get to keep!  Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Nicely done, UncleB! And congrats to all y'all!

Thanks!  It took them a while to come around, but they finally did!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

BIG Congrats to you!!Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

@baller4life wrote:
Good job!! Your persistence paid off! Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, I guess sometimes persistence does pay! 

I have to admit, though, this time around I kind of felt like Morgan Freeman's character at the parole hearing in Shawshank Redemption... I (almost) didn't care anymore, but I wanted to at least 'try' so I would know I had done everything possible. 

Low and behold my card got paroled!  LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

image.jpeg

I love it!!   Smiley Very Happy

amensquirel.jpg

Amen!

Message 17 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditdreamer wrote:

Your thread encouraged me to try to PC my Platinum to a QS no AF again. I've tried probably three times in the last couple months (I've had the card for about 4 months). One time they told me they would do it, then transferred me and the new rep said that I didn't have an offer. Confusing. But anyway........

APPROVED. Yay! Now I have two QS Mastercards. My plan is to keep trying for CLIs and then wait about a year or year and a half from opening and then combine. We'll see how it goes.

Congrats!Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Congrats! My QS1 just got converted to a no-AF QS WMC as well. Maybe the tides are changing at Capital One!

I'm glad you were able to get in on the love too!Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cjd wrote:

Congrats!Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.