Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS1

tag
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One QS1

Use billpay through your checking account to avoid holds on payments. Also try making fewer payments each month. You don't want them to think you're engaged in fraudulent activity and then close the card altogether. 

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 11 of 23
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

I think you should continuing using the card as you have. Absolutely no reason to miss out on rewards IMO. This is only a temporary hick-up which will either be cleared up through the EO or after the CCC learns your spending/payment habits. Hopefully you'll get a CLI sooner, rather than later which will help this situation immensely.

Good luck! Smiley Very Happy

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bank dont have billpay.  Wish they did like I said its a single branch not really tech advanced on their end but they are  improving.  There website makes 90s yahoo look fancy if you know what I mean.  I'm going to chill a while and wait and see what EO says.  Hopfully I will get CLI because it would be very nice.

Message 13 of 23
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I may have missed it, but how long have you had this card? Because you should be in for one helluva CLI when it comes do. Cap one likes lots of swipes and it looks like you've done plenty of that. Have you asked for one yet? You certainly can justify asking for one, tell them give me a CLI and we won't have this payment issue again.
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditguy tomorrow will be one month Smiley Happy  I have already asked twice once when I hit the thousand mark and again once when I hit the 3grand mark. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 23
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Oh ok, your kinda young card wise for a standard CLI the only way around it will be through the EO so give it a shot, what's the worst that could happen? They say no? Nothing ventured nothing gained. Good Luck, even if you have to wait a few more months I'm sure they will make it worth your while.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping so just have to wait and see.  I really hope they see it my way.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyway you'd be willing to open a new account with the big banks? It is REALLY handy and helpful to have bill pay feature as mentioned above Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 23
creditguy
Valued Contributor

If it doesn't go your way don't get despaired it will eventually, just a little time and patience can turn to a massive CLI. I had my mom sign up with cap one, she was rebuilding. She started with a $300 platinum and $500 QS. She ran through charges and paid several times a month and they bumped the platinum up to $2500 automatically after six months. I know you probably don't want to wait that long but just letting you know sometimes that's what it takes and it can pay off.
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am actually emailing back and forth with Capital one BOFA for opening a checking account aswell as USAA.  They only problem is most of the big banks are pretty far from me and I dont get direct deposits Smiley Sad.  The company I drive for has about 10 employees and boss has an accountant do the payroll taxes and such and we get paycheck with stubs.  I am intrested in their take a picture of check ect.  They only problem I hate waiting sorta because sometimes when we are in slow few months I live paycheck to paycheck.  We are currently in slow phaze of the year will be probabally untill Feb.  Give or take. 

If it dont go my way so be it them and I will deal with holding of funds.  At the moment I am 2 months ahead on my bills I am paying bills before I even get them.  I know how much my stuff costs within 20 dollars of each month so when I have the extra funds I pay ahead of time.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.