Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QuickSilver

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Capital One QuickSilver

So my upgrade to QuickSilver is complete, my card arrived in the mail today and activated it! I'm glad i kept trying for an upgrade now i should be able to use the card more if i want to buy something that would regularly get me 1% no matter what card i use, now it will get me 1.5% when i use Capital One!

The card has nothing embossed and its a matt finish, and its slightly thinner than my orgional and slightly smaller in length as well but only a tiny bit... lol.

Thankfully they upped my expiration date to 2016, my orgional was going to expire in 2014 so they were smart by upping my expiration date to renew my account rather than have to send me another one out later in 2014.

So Capital One has really turned around since last year and i hope they keep improving and keep being even generous more and more so they can keep making us all happy and earning their trust once again! I really appreciate Capital One being there for me when i needed to start building credit and they were able to grow with me with some help and persistance but it grew and with no hard pulls either which was nice!

Still not as nice as Discover or Bank of America but they are getting there! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One QuickSilver

Congarts

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

So my upgrade to QuickSilver is complete, my card arrived in the mail today and activated it! I'm glad i kept trying for an upgrade now i should be able to use the card more if i want to buy something that would regularly get me 1% no matter what card i use, now it will get me 1.5% when i use Capital One!

The card has nothing embossed and its a matt finish, and its slightly thinner than my orgional and slightly smaller in length as well but only a tiny bit... lol.

Thankfully they upped my expiration date to 2016, my orgional was going to expire in 2014 so they were smart by upping my expiration date to renew my account rather than have to send me another one out later in 2014.

So Capital One has really turned around since last year and i hope they keep improving and keep being even generous more and more so they can keep making us all happy and earning their trust once again! I really appreciate Capital One being there for me when i needed to start building credit and they were able to grow with me with some help and persistance but it grew and with no hard pulls either which was nice!

Still not as nice as Discover or Bank of America but they are getting there! Smiley Very Happy

I WANT the Visa QuickSilver so bad! But according to their website, "excellent credit" requires having an account of at least 3 years old Smiley Sad

Sadly, my oldest account is my WellsFargo Cash Back credit card from Nov 2011, so I have to be patient and wait just a little longer. Watchout Cap1 QuickSilver 'cause in Dec 2013 I'm coming out of the gardent just for you!

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 3 of 10
linux007969
Established Contributor

They were a little too lax on security when i called in to activate it though, it was all automated it only asked for the last 4 of my card number and the last 4 of my social and that was it it said it was activated, no transfer to a rep to ask me any security questions or anything.

Anyone else notice that happen to them when they activated their QuickSilver upgrade?

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 4 of 10
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Congratz, I got my upgrade to QS One
it's still gonna stay SD.. and when it's time for  me to fork up the AF i'll ask for a waiver if not BYE BYE Smiley Happy

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 5 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

If you don't use or pay af, I bet they will welcome you canceling as they aren't making anything from you.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 10
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Imma use it for cup of coffee once amonth or so Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

They better give you that AF refund or 0 AF then.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 8 of 10
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Wish there was a LIke or Thumbs up button for that Smiley Happy

@Crashem wrote:

@mikey78 wrote:

They better give you that AF refund or 0 AF then.

Message 9 of 10
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

They were a little too lax on security when i called in to activate it though, it was all automated it only asked for the last 4 of my card number and the last 4 of my social and that was it it said it was activated, no transfer to a rep to ask me any security questions or anything.

Anyone else notice that happen to them when they activated their QuickSilver upgrade?

Many cards activate this way.  It's not unusual.  There's been speculation and anecdotal reports that the cards may in fact arrive already activated, and by calling in, you're simply advising them (via automation) that you've received the card. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.