Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver CLI Proof of Income

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quicksilver CLI Proof of Income

Since I got my Cap1 Platinum Card 15 months ago (PC to Quicksilver shortly after) I have paid in full and my credit has gone from low 500's to an average of 660's FICO across all three. I started out with $350 and with credit steps and one requested CLI I was up to $750.

I recently came up on the 6 month mark for CLI and got the "we'll get back to you message". Then an email requesting proof of income. I wasn't giving them my taxes, so I gave them my W2. I understand why, my income is quite high(it is over $200k) and I thought it was a great thing and I would get a really big bump... especially since my other cards are $7k (Jetblue Plus), $7k CSP, $2.5k Discover. Anyway, it came back with a $100 bump?! I found that laughable! Is there any recourse as far as EO? I know they don't do CLI there specifically, however I wasn unsure if this was a different situation. Has anyone had a similar situation? 

Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Quicksilver CLI Proof of Income

Wow...for a 100 bump! Your answer might be just to apply for another card with them, if you don't mind having your credit pulled. I was stuck for a long time at low limits and when my score was around 670 I apped for the Venture and got a 15k limit. You might check their site and see if you have a prequal offer.

Message 2 of 14
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since I got my Cap1 Platinum Card 15 months ago (PC to Quicksilver shortly after) I have paid in full and my credit has gone from low 500's to an average of 660's FICO across all three. I started out with $350 and with credit steps and one requested CLI I was up to $750.

I recently came up on the 6 month mark for CLI and got the "we'll get back to you message". Then an email requesting proof of income. I wasn't giving them my taxes, so I gave them my W2. I understand why, my income is quite high(it is over $200k) and I thought it was a great thing and I would get a really big bump... especially since my other cards are $7k (Jetblue Plus), $7k CSP, $2.5k Discover. Anyway, it came back with a $100 bump?! I found that laughable! Is there any recourse as far as EO? I know they don't do CLI there specifically, however I wasn unsure if this was a different situation. Has anyone had a similar situation? 

Thanks everyone!

If you have those other cards, why are you messing with Crapital 1? Especially a Platinum card? If it won't PC to a QS, SD it until your scores come up. They don't like something in your credit history. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apologize, reading back I made it a bit confusing. I did PC to Quicksilver already, so it's a QS now. 

I don't really want to incur any new hard pulls now. I'm focusing on growing these for a while until I can potentially PC (if they do it) or apply for the CSR and then make my CSP a freedom or something along those lines. I travel a lot for work and the points are going to come in handy for my honeymoon in about 16 months haha

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly, all that for $100! I wish they had someone else to speak to re a 'recon' etc. I thought about the venture, but I don't want to have another inquiry. I am at 12 now with 6 dropping off in 3 months. 

Message 5 of 14
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

We need more info. There is something in your past they don't like. It could be the inquiries. I have a lot too and can't get a CLI from Crap 1 to save my life. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 6 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You obtained the starter platinum card with them and PC'd it to the QS, its still a starter rebuilder PCing such cards does not change that fact EVER. I would app for a new QS and close this one once you get the new QS approved as it wont be a rebuilder. This is the thing that most people dont realize with Cap1 once a rebuilder always a rebuilder even with an 800 Fico score. Good luck on getting a nice start limit on the new QS.

Message 7 of 14
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

You obtained the starter platinum card with them and PC'd it to the QS, its still a starter rebuilder PCing such cards does not change that fact EVER. I would app for a new QS and close this one once you get the new QS approved as it wont be a rebuilder. This is the thing that most people dont realize with Cap1 once a rebuilder always a rebuilder even with an 800 Fico score. Good luck on getting a nice start limit on the new QS.

Are you serious? Heck, I have had mine for 10 years and got it as a rebuilder. That explains a lot! 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 8 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Are you serious? Heck, I have had mine for 10 years and got it as a rebuilder. That explains a lot! 

Yes I am serious. I have one from 2010 its limit is $2,050.00 the last CLI I was offered was $100 when all my other cards are well north of 5K. I have opened and closed multi other Cap-1 cards since then with SLs 5K and higher.

Message 9 of 14
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Yes I am serious. I have one from 2010 its limit is $2,050.00 the last CLI I was offered was $100 when all my other cards are well north of 5K. I have opened and closed multi other Cap-1 cards since then with SLs 5K and higher.

I have an old rebuilder. Got a QS1 with a 2000 SL last year and merged it into the old rebuilder due to age. Now its stuck at 4900 for both combined. I guess I will have to let it go. Don't think I will get a new Cap 1 though. Good to know why its been so difficult though. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.