cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver Mastercard Highest limit?

tag
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

Capital One Quicksilver Mastercard Highest limit?

I have a Cap One Quicksilver Mastercard at 6K limit. It started as a platinum card right after bk 2 years ago and then the upgrade to quicksilver 5 months later. My goal for my quicksilver mastercard card is 10 grand. Does capital one ever issue 10k limit on a single card or more? Who in here thinks they have a super high credit limit on a single master card cap one card?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Quicksilver Mastercard Highest limit?

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

I have a Cap One Quicksilver Mastercard at 6K limit. It started as a platinum card right after bk 2 years ago and then the upgrade to quicksilver 5 months later. My goal for my quicksilver mastercard card is 10 grand. Does capital one ever issue 10k limit on a single card or more? Who in here thinks they have a super high credit limit on a single master card cap one card?

From what I have heard and what I am seeing, $10k is definitely doable, and quite easy.

I have a Platinum at $6k already and my QS is much lower, but since you can now combine CLs, getting the card above $10k should be no problem at all.

I am due for CLIs next month on both cards, and after getting those I will be combining the cards.  Based on the CLIs I have gotten in the past, I will be very disappointed if I can't be over $10k after the combination.

Depending on your credit scores, you should easily be able to get another card, either a Platinum or even another QS.  (After 6 months, you can combine the card with your current QS).  There are also reports that the Venture and Venture1 card have starting CLs well over $10k, sometimes even over $20k.

So, yes, it is possible, even likely, that you can get a $10k CL from Cap1.

Message 2 of 35
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

You should be able to find many members in the forum with that limit.

I personally started with a Plat MC 3 years ago, which I PCed to a QS MC after a year. It started at $500 then credit stepped to $2k, then a couple of EO-enabled CLIs to $6k in 2014. In 2015, I got two SP CLIs and upgraded it to WMC, bringing it to $10k at the end of last year. 

They won't budge on the APR, but that's okay I guess. 

I also recently combined my Venture limit with the QS so it's standing at $29k now.

Message 3 of 35
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Absolutely possible, I've heard of someone on here, got a 50k venture and proved it, and a lot of people receive 15 to 25k starting limits. The only difference I've noticed between Mastercard and visa quicksilver, might be cli. I think the visa cli are higher, but I might be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny that you say that, as I just got a SP CLI yesterday that brought my limit on my QS WMC to $10500. Yes, it's possible.

My card (originally a regular Platinum Mastercard) went from $3000 -> $5000 -> $5500 (small Credit Steps bump) -> $8500 -> $10500, all with SPs. 

Message 5 of 35
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

You should be able to find many members in the forum with that limit.

I personally started with a Plat MC 3 years ago, which I PCed to a QS MC after a year. It started at $500 then credit stepped to $2k, then a couple of EO-enabled CLIs to $6k in 2014. In 2015, I got two SP CLIs and upgraded it to WMC, bringing it to $10k at the end of last year. 

They won't budge on the APR, but that's okay I guess. 

I also recently combined my Venture limit with the QS so it's standing at $29k now.

Persistence pays off.  Got a budge on Apr (score not recorded at 800 yet).  Dropped 5% to 18.15%.  Definitely must use EO for this.

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 35
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Nova5041 wrote:
Absolutely possible, I've heard of someone on here, got a 50k venture and proved it, and a lot of people receive 15 to 25k starting limits. The only difference I've noticed between Mastercard and visa quicksilver, might be cli. I think the visa cli are higher, but I might be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

Venture is not the MasterCard.  The MasterCard quicksilvers started as their subprime products.  Usually with annual fee and credit steps, low limit.

Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 35
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Nova5041 wrote:

Venture is not the MasterCard.  The MasterCard quicksilvers started as their subprime products.  Usually with annual fee and credit steps, low limit.

Is it still subprime? I got my QS1, which got "upgraded" to Venture One. After I saw the rewards I said I am not going to use it the way I did (of course it was my first card so used it heavily till I got where I needed to get other cards) and just few days ago I got it "upgraded" to QuickSilver. Of course the limit is stuck at 4K as I hardly use it and they won't raise the limit unless I use it. But I have specific cards for specific purposes so I may never actually get a CLI on that card.

Message 8 of 35
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

You can break the $10,000 barrier, I'm shooting for that on the 20nth when my statement cuts on my World Mastercard Quicksilver. Also I asked a customer who had a WE Venture One card yesterday and he said he had a $18,000 limit, didn't ask the limit just asked him how he got the Venture and he said he had the WE for a few years as a platinum and product changed because he couldn't use his Venture at certain stores because it was a VISA. Anything is possible with Capitol One besides getting them to Unsecure there secured cards.. that's a false reality! Lol
Message 9 of 35
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

With combinations and CLI's, my QS is at 25k.
Others here have much higher
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.