Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver Upgrade to Venture Questions

tag
emanuelr1b
Valued Member

Re: Capital One Quicksilver Upgrade to Venture Questions

Sackbasket,

Just call in an request the upgrade. If they can do it, they will. If they can't they will tell you. When you call, don't ask if the upgrade is available, just make the request. You may end of getting a supervisor to do it. The worst that can be said is, no.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had Quicksilverone and since I opened October 2015 my limit was only $300 and raise to $500, $2000, and last night just accidentally was on capital one website for check my car payment , I decided to try request credit line increase , after that I got green message:
You approve $5000 which I am so happy ,
Today call them and ask for update to Ventura
And they use transfer me to different department and they did that and card will be my hand next 7 to 10 day ,
I am so happy with this credit line increase and update to Ventura one .
Message 12 of 18
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had Quicksilverone and since I opened October 2015 my limit was only $300 and raise to $500, $2000, and last night just accidentally was on capital one website for check my car payment , I decided to try request credit line increase , after that I got green message:
You approve $5000 which I am so happy ,
Today call them and ask for update to Ventura
And they use transfer me to different department and they did that and card will be my hand next 7 to 10 day ,
I am so happy with this credit line increase and update to Ventura one .

I know you are excited, but if you moved to the Venture ONE, then you actually downgraded your card from a 1.5% cash back card to a 1.25% cash back card that can only be redeemed for travel.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply , I know ,but still love to have Ventura one even with .25% less compare to Qucksilverone , better feeling
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess one positive spin to the post above me is s/he will no longer have an annual fee! Congrats on your PC. As for the OP I second most of what everyone else is saying. Make sure the spend you put on the card is going to be above and beyond what you would've earned with the QS without an annual fee. Also don't ask about the availability of an upgrade. Just request it. I'm batting 1.000 with online chat doing so. Lastly, if you really want a kick you could app for the venture. Hit the bonus. Then convert to a QS prior to the AF and combine for one nice, fat card.

Message 15 of 18
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I think it depends also on how long the card has been open. usually you need to have the card for around a year for offers to start rolling in. andi also think you need to meet the minimum CL for the card you are converting to. So anyone moving to a Venture would need to currently have at least 5K on the current card.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess one positive spin to the post above me is s/he will no longer have an annual fee! Congrats on your PC. As for the OP I second most of what everyone else is saying. Make sure the spend you put on the card is going to be above and beyond what you would've earned with the QS without an annual fee. Also don't ask about the availability of an upgrade. Just request it. I'm batting 1.000 with online chat doing so. Lastly, if you really want a kick you could app for the venture. Hit the bonus. Then convert to a QS prior to the AF and combine for one nice, fat card.

QS has no AF. QS1 does.

Message 17 of 18
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

The regular Venture lets you get your full 2% back in travel credit OR if you redeem for gift cards. They have a pretty good selection... I just redeemed my sign-up bonus for $400 on Menard's cards.

Although, as mentioned earlier, I'll probably roll the limit into my Quicksilver before the annual fee hits.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.