Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver - VISA Platinum to Signature

tag
CMoney91
Valued Member

Capital One Quicksilver - VISA Platinum to Signature

I recently got a CLI with my quicksilver card from 3k to 6k, and yes, I'm as stunned as anyone.  In fact, I'm pretty sure they messed up, but I'm not going to complain!

Anyways, since I was only initially approved for the minimum 3k limit, I was issued a VISA Platinum.  Now that I'm over 5k, I'd like to upgrade to the Signature.

I went to the chat technician to ask if this was possible, and he was completely clueless (telling me I couldn't change from Mastercard to VISA), and using other canned messages.

Can anyone with experience let me know if this is possible, and who I should contact if it is?

Thank you in advance!

Sallie Mae BarclayCard - $3000 (6 Months) | Chase Freedom - $3500 (6 Months)
Capital One Quicksilver - $6000 (9 Months) | Bank of America Better Balance - $5000 (9 Months)
Rooms to Go GECapital - $6600 (9 Months) | Discover IT - $4300 (2+ Years)
Subprime Accounts: 1FBUSA - $5500 (4+ Years) | Capital One Platinum MC - $1250 (4+ Years)
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Quicksilver - VISA Platinum to Signature

Icannot make sense of Capital One sometimes.

I got a CLI on my Venture One last Fall from $3k to $5k. At the time I asked them if it could be upgraded to the Signature and they said that wasn't possible. I just changed the Venture to the Quicksilver and she explained it will be a Signature... No idea!
Message 2 of 50
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

I so regret opening my Capital One card - than I read about CLI like yours. 

I wonder if I will ever see one........

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 3 of 50
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Call and talk to a different CSR and if they still don't have a clue what you're talking about, then go through the EO.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 50
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@Gatortrout wrote:
Icannot make sense of Capital One sometimes.

I got a CLI on my Venture One last Fall from $3k to $5k. At the time I asked them if it could be upgraded to the Signature and they said that wasn't possible. I just changed the Venture to the Quicksilver and she explained it will be a Signature... No idea!

May I ask how long you had the Venture One before you changed it to Quicksilver? I want to change my Quicksilver to Venture. 

In any case, I, too, can't possibly understand Capital One. Most of the things they do don't make any sense. 

Message 5 of 50
Josh2942
Established Contributor

I'm in the same boat with you with the quicksilver platinum I am waiting till next month to try for a signature conversion or to PC to the venture miles signiture
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 6 of 50
CMoney91
Valued Member

Thanks guys.  I will call and be persistent and keep you all updated; I'm sure this will be helpful to someone down the line.

Kathy, I must have hit the Luv button no less than 6 times to no avail over the past few months.  Just keep using your card regularly, build your credit score, and keep requesting whenever you can.

It is possible to get a big increase apparently.  I'm as shocked as you are.

Sallie Mae BarclayCard - $3000 (6 Months) | Chase Freedom - $3500 (6 Months)
Capital One Quicksilver - $6000 (9 Months) | Bank of America Better Balance - $5000 (9 Months)
Rooms to Go GECapital - $6600 (9 Months) | Discover IT - $4300 (2+ Years)
Subprime Accounts: 1FBUSA - $5500 (4+ Years) | Capital One Platinum MC - $1250 (4+ Years)
Message 7 of 50
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Pat,

I have had the account since 2005 or 2006. I PCed from Platinum to Venture in December of 2012. So I had the Venture for 16 months or so.

Message 8 of 50
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@Gatortrout wrote:

Pat,

I have had the account since 2005 or 2006. I PCed from Platinum to Venture in December of 2012. So I had the Venture for 16 months or so.

Thank you!

Message 9 of 50
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

I tried going through EO to get several things done on my cards at once. One of the things being upgrading my Platinum MC to a world MC. I was told that it wasn't possible.

I haven't read about anyone else being successful but I do take it with a grain of salt. Reason being, I was told it wasn't possible to permanently remove an annual/monthly fee but others have had success with permanent removals. Please let us know if you are successful.

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.