Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver - VISA Platinum to Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Quicksilver - VISA Platinum to Signature

You misread. It's not a product change, it's a segment change. NOT possible. Just reapply for a new quicksilver and if you're signature-eligible, you'll get it.

Message 31 of 50
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You misread. It's not a product change, it's a segment change. NOT possible. Just reapply for a new quicksilver and if you're signature-eligible, you'll get it.

Several posters in this thread indicated that they achieved World and Signature status by going through a Quicksilver or Venture product change.  However, it was also stated that a PC will not guarantee this type of status change.

Message 32 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't seen anyone say that, they've said they've achieved PC's, and higher limits typical of a Signature, but CapitalOne has said their technology\contract with Visa doesn't ALLOW for such a change from Platinum to Signature. The only ones I've seen successful are MC to WE MC... and I can't speak to that as like I said I don't do Mastercard

Message 33 of 50
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't seen anyone say that, they've said they've achieved PC's, and higher limits typical of a Signature, but CapitalOne has said their technology\contract with Visa doesn't ALLOW for such a change from Platinum to Signature. The only ones I've seen successful are MC to WE MC... and I can't speak to that as like I said I don't do Mastercard

Please go back and read message #2 and message #17.  Thanks.

Message 34 of 50
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

I had a Capital One Platinum VISA > Cash Rewards Platinum VISA > Quicksilver Platinum VISA > Quicksilver VISA Signature.

Product changes; not applying for a different card/credit line.

The hop from regular to Cash Rewards was done via chat way back.

The hop to Quicksilver was via the EO; then about a year later to the VISA signature was also via the EO.  I believe at the time they said I'd have to wait 6 months between any changes I request to the account but I just rode it out for awhile.

Edit:  Just double-checked and the timestamp on my message to the EO through Facebook was on May 15.  The new card arrived in the mail about 1-2 weeks after that so if they their contract with VISA doesn't allow a change from Platinum to Signature it must be a very recent change unless the Cap1 employee who stated that is misinformed.

Message 35 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iDShaDoW wrote:

I had a Capital One Platinum VISA > Cash Rewards Platinum VISA > Quicksilver Platinum VISA > Quicksilver VISA Signature.

Product changes; not applying for a different card/credit line.

The hop from regular to Cash Rewards was done via chat way back.

The hop to Quicksilver was via the EO; then about a year later to the VISA signature was also via the EO.  I believe at the time they said I'd have to wait 6 months between any changes I request to the account but I just rode it out for awhile.

Edit:  Just double-checked and the timestamp on my message to the EO through Facebook was on May 15.  The new card arrived in the mail about 1-2 weeks after that so if they their contract with VISA doesn't allow a change from Platinum to Signature it must be a very recent change unless the Cap1 employee who stated that is misinformed.

i now have 2 quicksilvers now. I had the platiunum first which they upgraded to the Quicksilver and now they just changed the cash rewards (green card) to the Quicksilver One. 

I have 2 QuickSIlver Mastercards can i upgrade one of them to aQuickSilver  VISA ? 

CapitolOne chat - 

We're uable to convert Mastercard to VIsa and unable to convert Visa to Mastercard. You may apply one at the following link... 

Can i have EMV chip and PIN on my cards ? 

CapitolOne chat - 

when used at a chip enabled register. This code adds an additional layer of fraud protection to your card. Chip cards, currently the standard in many parts of the world, are now being adopted in the United States.

CapitolOne chat - 
Sebastian, we are beginning to issue chip cards now and expect to include chips on most of our cards by the end of 2015. If you currently have a Capital One credit card, continue using it until you receive your new chip card.

okay thank you

CapitolOne chat - 
My pleasure!
Message 36 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of 01/05/2015 this is not possible Visa Platium/ Visa Signature are 2 seperate entities R/T Capital One This I know as I have the Visa Platium and about 6 wks ago attempted to upgrade to Signature Not Possible so I just applied and was instantly approved  for the Signature card with $5,000.00 CL Been a customer of Cap One for 2 decades and have watched this company grow and I have never had a problem with them, that is just me Love the new Signature Vias 0% till 9/2015 then 12.99%

Message 37 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As of 01/05/2015 this is not possible Visa Platium/ Visa Signature are 2 seperate entities R/T Capital One This I know as I have the Visa Platium and about 6 wks ago attempted to upgrade to Signature Not Possible so I just applied and was instantly approved  for the Signature card with $5,000.00 CL Been a customer of Cap One for 2 decades and have watched this company grow and I have never had a problem with them, that is just me Love the new Signature Vias 0% till 9/2015 then 12.99%

I don't believe that for a second.

If they can upgrade a Platinum MasterCard to a World MasterCard, they can upgrade a Platinum VISA to a VISA Signature.

Message 38 of 50
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't believe that for a second.

If they can upgrade a Platinum MasterCard to a World MasterCard, they can upgrade a Platinum VISA to a VISA Signature.

Right.   Nearly everything is impossible for a front line CapOne CSR (by design, not because they are bad people!).  If you don't have an official offer waiting, there is usually nothing they can do.     The EO can, if they so choose.

Message 39 of 50
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, Capital One's frontline CSRs really can't do anything except, as mentioned, give you an offer that is basically already sitting in your account. They can't really achieve anything "from scratch" for you. This is just how their company is though, most of the CSR's are perfectly nice they are just not empowered whatsoever.

If it's a really important issue to you, you can try the EO. I'm not sure why they wouldn't let you upgrade from Platinum to Signature, but maybe there is just some way their system won't allow it. That said, I'd think if your limit goes above $5k, can't you just request a replacement card? You'd think the new card would be Signature, but maybe not.

I still scratch my head as to why people care so much about this, though. The Signature benefits are really nothing exciting or especially useful (IMO). About the only one that sounded like an "everyday" type of benefit was the Fandango movie ticket discount, but I'm not sure that is worth hassling for months trying to get upgraded to a Signature lol.

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.