Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver - VISA Platinum to Signature

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital One Quicksilver - VISA Platinum to Signature

@kdm31091 wrote:

. That said, I'd think if your limit goes above $5k, can't you just request a replacement card? You'd think the new card would be Signature, but maybe not.

That is not usually the case, it usually needs an explicit request (or auto change for some reason)

Message 41 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called and had my Visa Platinum Upgraded to The Quicksilver Visa Signature Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 50
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

Yes! Yes ! Yes!   Look at me   I have a new visa sig $10.000 limit and 2 other cap 1 both qs 1 accts so when people say only 2 .. They don't know

everyone is diff.. Take a chance .. Just apply even if u have an acct. then wait 90 days...

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 43 of 50
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

Every time you use a card every swipe... The bank is making money

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 44 of 50
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

me too ..  I got $10.000.    Love  them

Message 45 of 50
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

All you have to do is take the time and call , pick up the phone

you would thinks so

but  no!

MasterCard  Infact is da Dfferent  server.

Visa and MasterCard  are  servers for the lenders each one with special rules....  Which none are secret just ask,

yes you can actually Upgrade MasterCard  from  a lower tier up to world elite which is not equivalent  to visa sig!  It's better!

Message 46 of 50
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Yeah, Capital One's frontline CSRs really can't do anything except, as mentioned, give you an offer that is basically already sitting in your account. They can't really achieve anything "from scratch" for you. This is just how their company is though, most of the CSR's are perfectly nice they are just not empowered whatsoever.

If it's a really important issue to you, you can try the EO. I'm not sure why they wouldn't let you upgrade from Platinum to Signature, but maybe there is just some way their system won't allow it. That said, I'd think if your limit goes above $5k, can't you just request a replacement card? You'd think the new card would be Signature, but maybe not.

I still scratch my head as to why people care so much about this, though. The Signature benefits are really nothing exciting or especially useful (IMO). About the only one that sounded like an "everyday" type of benefit was the Fandango movie ticket discount, but I'm not sure that is worth hassling for months trying to get upgraded to a Signature lol.

It's a big deal!  Instant Approval!

I have the  cap 1  visa signature card omg! It's Amazing $10.000 limit .. Will I use it no.. Just recently $1000 balance transfer

but not just what you get as a card holder

being reported  with 1 card $10.000 min cl boost your score like crazzzy

plus other offers from other banks

visa sig cards and world elite cads are the best

Message 47 of 50
slvrhwk
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called and had my Visa Platinum Upgraded to The Quicksilver Visa Signature Smiley Happy

Who did you talk to and what did you ask for? I'm planning to get mine upgraded as well. Thanks.

Current Score TU: 787, EX: N/A, EQ: N/A
Message 48 of 50
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@slvrhwk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Who did you talk to and what did you ask for? I'm planning to get mine upgraded as well. Thanks.

Since this thread has been revived, I figured that I would provide an update on what I have been able to accomplish.  Mostly due to the success that kdm31091 reported in another thread, I decided to pursue this.  Customer Service and the Facebook team weren't able to help much.  Then I searched for the EO email address using a Google search and sent them an email in mid April of this year.  Fast forward to the end of April when I applied for a new Venture card and hadn't heard anything back from the EO office.  I didn't think too much of it since this wasn't really a 'must have' upgrade for me.  When Cap One mailed out my new Venture card, they also sent me a notification that a new Quicksilver card was being mailed.  I thought that was due to the new EMV card update, since I noticed that the online image had changed to the EMV card.  To my surprise, the new Quicksilver card was a new EMV Visa Signature card!  They also sent me a Visa Signature benefits package in the mail.  The updated card is a drastic improvement over the original card, including the sweet Visa Signature logo.  Initially, there was a technical glitch with the upgrade, where Visa Platinum was still showing next to the online account.  This took a couple of calls to the EO office to get resolved, but they resolved it quickly and they also followed-up with me.  I'm very pleased with Capital One and their EO team.  There was a little hassle involved (not as much as kdm reported going through), but to me it was worth it.

TL;DR version:  I contacted the EO office in April of this year and they upgraded my Quicksilver Visa Platinum card to a Visa Signature card. Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 50
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Time to lock this thread. Feel free to start a new one on the subject.

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.