cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver payment posted the same day...?! And CO VentureOne Approval!! :))

tag
iamdetermined
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Quicksilver payment posted the same day...?! And CO VentureOne Approval!! :))

Hi everyone! 

I made a payment on my Capital One QuicksilverOne about 5 minutes before the cutoff time tonight (8 PM EST). I checked my account around 10 PM & the funds were back in my available balance. Normally it posts overnight. I'm wondering now if they are doing instant available credit..?! Has anyone else noticed this?

On a sidenote, I jumped out the window this morning & app'd for the Capital One VentureOne based on a "Very Good" recommendation from Credit Karma. I was approved for $2K with TU 664 & EQ 669!! Smiley Happy) I've been hesitant, but glad I made the decision.

**PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE** NFCU Amex $25K || NFCU GoRewards $24K || Citi $20k || Macy's $20K || Amex Cash Magnet $1.4k || CO QuickSilver $11,750 || Wells Fargo $9,500 || PayPal MC $8K || Amex ED $5,500 || USAA Pref. Cash Rewards $7.5K || Victoria’s Secret $5k || Discover IT $11.9k || Chase $12.5k || HFCU Plat. CC $2K || PenFed $500

*OVERALL CREDIT CARD LIMITS: $163,150*

NLOC $6K
US Alliance LOC $2K
Student Loans: $40k+

FICO 8 - 4/25/17: EQ 648 - EX 654 - TU 632
FICO 8 - 8/27/18: EQ 684 - EX 696 - TU 713
FICO8 1/14/22: EX 713 - EQ 703 -TU 723
FICO 8 4/7/23: EX 713 - EQ 715 -TU 729
FICO 8 4/30/23: EX 733
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Quicksilver payment posted the same day...?! And CO VentureOne Approval!! :))

Congrats on the VentureOne! Also, ive noticed my balance updates the sameday when I remember to check my QS after a payment. However i remember a post about a month ago where someone paid their cap1 saw the balance change on the cap1 acct and just assumed the bank account had already processed the payment too so they ended up spending the cap1 payment via debit and overdrafting the bank when the cap1 payment tried to process. This ended up in a missed cap1 payment. So it seems the cap1 available credit increase is a nicety cap1 provides as they dont have the funds yet.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.