ItnStln

Re: Capital One Quicksilver

@myjourney wrote:

@ItnStln wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@ItnStln wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@ItnStln wrote:

Thanks again, myjourney!  I am not in the credit steps program, I just checked.  Is this a bad thing?  Will I still get an automatic CLI, or will I have to request one?  That's an excellent suggestion you gave, to use my card then pay it off.  I have a friend who does this for his cash back.  As long as I PIF each month, will it report a balance?  Also, how are you able to quote my posts?  I clicked reply, and it doesn't show a quote.  I am just curious.

To quote 

Under message you wish to reply to

Click reply 

Top right hand corner 

Click quote 

Enter response

In your doc's section was there a welcome message about the new card? If not maybe they haven't generated the message yet but keep checking over the next week just to be safe.

As long as your not looking to apply for new cards or trying to increase scores don't worry about paying before statement cuts...Just pay on due dates.

If your are planning more cards soon then apply the 1-9% rule for max scoring 

There's nothing under the docs tab, but I have only had my cards for a little over a week.  I'm trying to increase my score to at least 720 within the next two years.  In this case should I pay prior to the statement date?  Do you have more information on the 1-9% rule?  Thanks for the information, myjourney.

Congrats on the quoting ....Yay you got it....Smiley Wink

1-9% rule 

Have one card report a balance (statement cut) between 1-9%  after statement cuts PIF

All other cards PIF before statement cuts 

This will maximize scoring potential 

Thanks!  I will try the 1-9% rule next month.  Does it usually help significantly and how quickly does it usually take a while to improve?  My goal is to get to at least 720 within the next two years and to make 850 in ten years.  I want to make sure that I understand the 1-9% rule.  Let's say I have a $500 limit on my card.  Let between $5 and $45 report on my statement each month, then PIF?

Yes $5-45.00

Each case is different as to how many points you'll see using the 1-9% rule a lot of other factors also have to be taken into consideration

Thick or thin file

Types of credit  you have now ...Loans, Installments, CC, Home

Thanks again for the great information!  I will give this a try and see what happens in six or so months.

Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.