Re: Capital One Quicksilver

@FinStar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
They def got rid of the Cash Rewards

I know right?!  I'm definitely holding onto my Cash Rewards WMC until they force me to the....ummm Pukesilver... errr... I mean Quicksilver...lol

The letter I received said something along the lines of "the old card would work until it expires."

Just curious, was yours like a "forced" upgrade/rebranding from your Cash Rewards or did you elect to upgrade it to the latest and greatest QS?

Forced.

Darn... LOL... Well OK... I guess I'll hold onto this one until the letter arrives.  Or, I could PC to the Venture if elegible to avoid QS.  My ? would be, would they allow another Venture WMC in my arsenal?  I can't remember if they only allow 1 per product level.

Why avoid QS?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 45
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Just started a chat with a crap1 rep.

They are so clueless.

Pretty much all I got was you earn 1% not 1.5% and that I am not enrolled in the QS program.

Well i earn 1% plus a 50% bonus and I just got a letter saying I will be in QS.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 22 of 45
dta
New Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

They are so clueless.

Pretty much all I got was you earn 1% not 1.5% and that I am not enrolled in the QS program.

Perhaps because you are not converted yet? My letter said the change is effective 11/4 so, for me, I am still enrolled in 1% + 50% anniversary bonus.

Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 23 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Dustink wrote:

They are so clueless.

See, now that makes if even more confusing if not trivial...LOL.  So I take it your QS plastic is on its way?  I wonder if it has to do with you activating the card that would automatically enroll you in the QS program?  as it is in transition limbo...?

Message 24 of 45
Dustink
Valued Contributor

The letter is pretty clearly written. So, trust it not anything a rep says.

Key points:

The switch is forced.

The date effective is listed in the letter.

The new card will be sent out at the reissue of your current card. I take that as the expiration date. The rep seems adamant that they will send a new one out when the switch occurs.

Message 25 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Dustink wrote:

The letter is pretty clearly written. So, trust it not anything a rep says.

Key points:

The switch is forced.

The date the effective is listed in the letter.

The new card will be sent out at the reissue of your current card. I take that as the expiration date. The rep seems adamant that they will send a new one out when the switch occurs.

Ah, very well... duly noted in preparation when my "forced off the cliff" transition occurs... Thanks for the clarification Dustink!

Message 26 of 45
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Got this letter too which I thought was interesting since I got the EO to switch me over a month ago or so.

Although now that I think back, they probably upgraded my perks and sent me a new card even though it was still considered the Cash Rewards product.

Doesn't affect me either way.  Hopefully they'll look into giving us normal embossed cards at some point

Just curious Dustink, but can you tell me what card Chase has that's better than 1.5% back on everything without rotating categories?  I know a lot of people seem to love the CSP card but I was looking and it doesn't seem all that great.  The sign-up bonus is nice but the % back rate isn't anything special considering the $95 annual fee; even with the 7% points dividend.

Message 27 of 45
scarzy
Regular Contributor

I got this letter yesterday. On the envelope it says,"program changes enclosed."  At least there's no annual fee!

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 28 of 45
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

this is just my personal opinion, but it seems like everybody is getting a PC to Quicksilver. Is that the new Platinum? Are they getting rid of the Platinum? Kind of suspect...

you were reading my mind

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 29 of 45
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@iDShaDoW wrote:

Got this letter too which I thought was interesting since I got the EO to switch me over a month ago or so.

Although now that I think back, they probably upgraded my perks and sent me a new card even though it was still considered the Cash Rewards product.

Doesn't affect me either way.  Hopefully they'll look into giving us normal embossed cards at some point

Just curious Dustink, but can you tell me what card Chase has that's better than 1.5% back on everything without rotating categories?  I know a lot of people seem to love the CSP card but I was looking and it doesn't seem all that great.  The sign-up bonus is nice but the % back rate isn't anything special considering the $95 annual fee; even with the 7% points dividend.

I would say that the freedom without even paying attention to categories yeilds more than 1.5% for me. Although, I still get the 10/10 bonus.

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.