cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One RATE JUMPED me and doubled my APR, Just got off the phone with them

tag
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One RATE JUMPED me and doubled my APR, Just got off the phone with them

heirophant wrote: 
........  but this borders on bait and switch tactics. 

Not to state the obvious but this change is all about CHANGE.  You know, what we voted on last year.  It's all interrelated. Smiley Wink

Message 41 of 52
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One RATE JUMPED me and doubled my APR, Just got off the phone with them

@Watchmann wrote:

heirophant wrote: 

Not to state the obvious but this change is all about CHANGE.  You know, what we voted on last year.  It's all interrelated. Smiley Wink

So what good are your watches under your bridge, anyway?
Message 42 of 52
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have just got Macy's statement and noticed increase in APR, now it is 23.9%. Should I be offended?

@wmarat wrote:

Well, my Macy's store card APR is 22.8%. My DW uses on regular bases, we have nice CL and have not yet paid a penny of financial charges.

So, IMHO, APR is not a reason to SD a card.

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I know that this is a little off topic but I receive a letter from Chase today stating that my interest rate for purchases and balance transfers is going to increase from 17.24% to 20.24%. That just gives me another reason to not use the card.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 43 of 52
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

wmarat wrote:

I have just got Macy's statement and noticed increase in APR, now it is 23.9%. Should I be offended?

Don't know why you should be. It just means you're a credit card holder in the US in 2009.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 44 of 52
wmarat
Valued Contributor

OK, should I be frustrated, annoyed or anxiously wait for Monday to call customer center.

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

Don't know why you should be. It just means you're a credit card holder in the US in 2009.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 45 of 52
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

wmarat wrote:

OK, should I be frustrated, annoyed or anxiously wait for Monday to call customer center.

@wmarat wrote:

Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 46 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmarat wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

Eh, you'll need to wait til Tuesday I would guess...

Message 47 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscribing - I got mine too for 2011. What a shame - this was by far the best rate I had had (7.9%) now it's the worst.I have the feeling though that all of our cards will ratejack due to the current legislation. Since our benefits (low interest, rewards) largely come from the fees and interest that they will no longer be able to take from defaulters, reponsible people's terms are going to have to get worse.(I say this having both been an irresponsible defaulter, as well as a currently responsible credit user.) It will take a few years while the APR dust clouds are both created, and then settled. The bottom line is that single digit APRs are probably a thing of the past thanks to the new administration and Congress. While politicians are admirably trying to stamp out predatory lending, I understand that I have been volunteered to foot the bill by them.

Message 48 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please let me add that even though I said I was volunteered to foot the bill in the previous post, I must admit that I have a say - by just not carrying a balance.
Message 49 of 52
heirophant
Established Contributor

@athensguy wrote:

@Watchmann wrote:

heirophant wrote: 

So what good are your watches under your bridge, anyway?

Watchman:

I surely did not vote for the current administration.  I voted for McCain.  Also, I didn't get a vote on the current legislation passed by congress.  If I had, I would have voted NO, because I knew exactly what it meant for my current credit card terms, which I am against.  I don't have to deal with predatory lenders because my credit is good and I don't need the goverment's protection from predatory lenders because I read my terms and conditions before I sign up for any credit card or loan.  The government has made a bad choice in the name of consumer protection in my opinion.

Athnensguy:

What does that mean?

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.