cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One--Reappy if defaulted account is only 3 years out?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One--Reappy if defaulted account is only 3 years out?

Thank you for the support Irish80.

Comenity Cards has a lot of stores with cards, but I am not a major shopper, nor am I devoted to any specific brand.  Does it matter which card I apply for? 

Do they have to use a card in any specific store?  I've never owned a store card before.  (I did say I wasn't a shopper :-))

Message 11 of 16
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Some cards can be used at several stores. Such as Victoria's Secret can be used at Bath and Body Works (I think, definitely a store like that) and Walmart and Sam's cards can be used interchangeably.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you specifically need a card for a specific purchase then a store card isn't going to help.  You need to stick with the major credit cards.  As for Comenity, they do offer Visas for Sportsman Guide, Virgin America and Total Rewards.  There may be others but those are the ones that come to mind.  

Message 13 of 16
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Irish wasn't Virgin discontinued with the Alaska merger?
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 14 of 16
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the support Irish80.

Comenity Cards has a lot of stores with cards, but I am not a major shopper, nor am I devoted to any specific brand.  Does it matter which card I apply for? 

Do they have to use a card in any specific store?  I've never owned a store card before.  (I did say I wasn't a shopper :-))

First off most store cards are locked to stores that you get them from. Some have access to the MasterCard or Visa networks and can be used like any credit card such as the Walmart MC. Since you burned Capitol One directly with your BK you are not going to get much sympathy from them. You are better off getting other lenders under your wings to show you have improved. If you tell us who you burned in the BK we can better help you pick a card. I am not sure what you are planning to buy but whatever it is many stores will have financing and if you are not buying in one of those stores I would get a Bank card for rebuilders since it sounds like you might not have made any new lender friends since your BK. Lastly most credit reports can be corrected yourself with no cost. I recommend you change to fixing it yourself so that you know what is in your file that is so nasty that very few lenders will issue you cards.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 15 of 16
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

CapOne has ADD for being burned.  I have read stories of charge offs being a month old with them and getting approvals.  

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.