Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Recon

tag
jeffrey_MBP
Contributor

Capital One Recon

A few weeks ago I got dinged on my final credit card app with the Capital One Venture. I knew it wasn't going to get approved and a recon would be in order.  Needless to say, the intial phone convesation with customer service pissed me off and I decided to close an old card with them with a low limit (insulting) - don't offer another crap card.  From there, I emailed the executive office (EO) and received a phone call this evening to manually review the information provided.  I noted in the email that other banks are willing to do business with me with WEMC and VS @ a few higher limits.  

I'll let everyone know if they decide to approve me or not. Oh, I finally received my chase sapphire preferred (CSP) and the packaging (envelope) left quite a bit to be desired; maybe I should I try for the Ritz card while I'm on the spree.

Regards.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Recon

Sounds like you set your expectations too high.  CSP is a standard Chase line up - $95 AF when compared to others (United Club, Ritz, etc).  If you want the Ohhhh or Ahhhh... perhaps set your eyesights on the Ritz.  For extra pampering, invest in a CPC relationship and based on your assets, you may qualify for a JPM Palladium (larger assets then JPM Select).

Capital One, well it's just Capital One... they're not going to be swayed by your Visa Black or other flashy ones.  There's a mixed bag of success for Capital One reconsiderations via EO, YEMV.

Message 2 of 6
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Sounds like you set your expectations too high.  CSP is a standard Chase line up - $95 AF when compared to others (United Club, Ritz, etc).  If you want the Ohhhh or Ahhhh... perhaps set your eyesights on the Ritz.  For extra pampering, invest in a CPC relationship and based on your assets, you may qualify for a JPM Palladium (larger assets then JPM Select).

Capital One, well it's just Capital One... they're not going to be swayed by your Visa Black or other flashy ones.  There's a mixed bag of success for Capital One reconsiderations via EO, YEMV.

+1 Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 6
jeffrey_MBP
Contributor

Hah - nice.  I wouldn't really consider Capital One as "too high" as compared to a few other credit cards; however, it does have a some good travel rewards.  It was my last app that I had which I hadn't been able to successfully recon. You are right, though.  While I don't believe my assets qualify me for J.P. Morgan Palladium, I might be able to at least get a relationship going and pull a good faith gesture from them. 

I guess time will tell.

Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jeffrey_MBP wrote:

Hah - nice.  I wouldn't really consider Capital One as "too high" as compared to a few other credit cards; however, it does have a some good travel rewards.  It was my last app that I had which I hadn't been able to successfully recon. You are right, though.  While I don't believe my assets qualify me for J.P. Morgan Palladium, I might be able to at least get a relationship going and pull a good faith gesture from them. 

I guess time will tell.

I believe FinStar was responding to your comments on the CSP packaging. 

Message 5 of 6
jeffrey_MBP
Contributor

Good call.  Thanks for the clairfication.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.