Did you mean: 

Capital One Reporting CL to CRA's

tag
mrlimo
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Reporting CL to CRA's

Timothy wrote:
You could pay the balance or a chunk of it prior to the statement cutting-
As this is an issue with anyone that uses a big part of their CL each month even though they PIF-

Capone has been reporting CL's Sept 07 on-

FICO will use HIGH Balance if no CL is being reported-

as this is the case with mine they are reporting the high ballance of $4000. only due to the fact I charged that much that month but PIF at the close of that month. I  (1.) don't know what I would buy to take HB to 15,000 which happens to be CL and (2.) would be a bit strapped trying to PIF at the end of that cycle.

I would rather not let it accumulate and pay cap 1 any interest just to get HB up closer to CL. Would be simple if I can get them to report CL. Hopefully letter does the trick.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did this happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Surprised

cheddar wrote:
Sorry, OP, for a brief threadjack.

Congrats to Timothy on 7,000 posts!

Message 12 of 13
mrlimo
Regular Contributor

Sorry if I was unclear.

My suggestion is to complain in writing to Cap1 directly.  If that gets you nowhere, then you may want to dispute with the CRA, as long as you are aware of and willing to risk the unintended consequences which may result from that.

On May 28th I did just this I wrote a letter to Capital One.

I received a letter Last week back from them:

June 7, 2008

Dear NAME:

Thanks for contacting us about your credit bureau report. After researching your account, we've:

Reported your credit limit of $XX,XXX.

We've also forwarded this information to the following credit reporting agencies so they can update your credit report:

Expierian  Equifax  Trans Union

Sincerely,

Capital One Services, Inc.

I pulled my reports as of June 12th and all 3 are reporting the limit now. Hopefully this will end the over util ripple I was experiencing.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.