Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One... Same CRAP One!?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One... Same CRAP One!?

As many posted just a couple weeks ago about the Quicksilver and PC, etc.  I was told to check back today for the upgrade... I didn't know what today was but when my partner was unable to log into his account last night because of site being down I was hopeful that today actually did mean something.

Log into his account (Cash Card with $15k limit) don't see anything new, so go through the "Modify Feature" thing they love to send you to over and over agian and got the same no answer so did instant chat and he tries to send me through modify features... upon that he then says sorry nothing and i could apply.

same answers they have always gave... what changed? and why can't he pc practically the exact same program.. he gets 1% + the .50% bonus vs. quicksilver being just a straight 1.50%

Back through EO again?? I HATE THEM as much as Wells Fargo.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One... Same CRAP One!?

If you hate dealing with Capital One or your overall relationship isn't the best with the above institution, or Chase, Citi and DSNB and the list goes on and on... why are you or your partner doing business with them?  Bottom line, just because the account has a CL of $15K, it doesn't mean that ALL current Capital One accounts qualify at this time for PC.  Maybe your EO contact can explain.

Message 2 of 7
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

I don't think capital one customer service is the worst but dang is it pretty terrible. As long as you have a product you are happy with, don't have any problems and never need them to do anything for you, then Capital One is great. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@GatorGuy wrote:

I don't think capital one customer service is the worst but dang is it pretty terrible. As long as you have a product you are happy with, don't have any problems and never need them to do anything for you, then Capital One is great. Smiley Happy

+1

Exactly.  I currently have 4 CC products with them (combined total >$35K since the mid-90s).  I never had any major issues (upgrades, auto CLIs, customer service engagement/contact - offshore or inhouse-, and product consolidations) over the course of the years.

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

If you hate dealing with Capital One or your overall relationship isn't the best with the above institution, or Chase, Citi and DSNB and the list goes on and on... why are you or your partner doing business with them?  Bottom line, just because the account has a CL of $15K, it doesn't mean that ALL current Capital One accounts qualify at this time for PC.  Maybe your EO contact can explain.

While a forum like this tends to show the far great side of things and the bad sides of things with little in between it's not that thigns are so bad I should close up all banks and just use cash as im sure some of my posts suggest.

and by no means do I think because someone holds a $15k line they should snap and get what they want... I don't even really think that for a Centurion card holder but they probably can Smiley Tongue

HOWEVER, with all that said there are pieces from each bank that I wish was looked at by executives to maybe "improve on!"

Chase and SP CLI

Citi should not train or allow reps to lie (give mis information about credit reporting agencies and credit pulls, etc.) and should give clear answers to hp or sp

macy's - why i wish i could speak to us reps, they really don't do anything wrong besides just not have a properly trained staff and actually that goes all the way to the credit department in the us... i don't understand how a credit rep will tell you hp when they don't actual review and it's sp or computer generated.

capital one... if they didn't go offline for so many years, I have been doing business with capital one since I was 18 and my parents had capital one for a better part of 15+ years also and they never had issues with CLI, customer service, stolen card replacement, insurance things, etc.... even when they went overseas they still mantained for a while... capital one went crashing down the hill when they went sub prime and im not saying going sub prime was bad... but I think they also lost site of some other things or maybe they just got to big and couldn't handle it.. im not sure... they offer great rebuilding chances and if they choose to be the rebuilder and then not do anything fine... i just simply think it would be better business to not make customers go through an executive office to handle sometimes VERY SIMPLE things that most customer service agents at other banks could do or at least escalte.... we are lucky to even know about the executive office route.... what are others left with?

of course the in between with these is you can't be some of Macy's discounts and sales, you can't beat Citi' LONG BT offers, Chase has good reward cards, good BT cards, and is a HUGE HUGE bank that will offer many many cards and the list is on and on and finally capital one does offer many chances for rebuilding, is starting to come around with reward structure, doesn't have terrible rates... 

you just see my gripes of in a perfect world what would happen!! clearly I don't sneeze at $15k lines and it's currently $0 so it's a keeper rather it was 99% interest rate and didn't offer a single reward!!

Message 5 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I was wondering about ratings in the wider world, and found last year's survey:

http://www.jdpower.com/consumer-ratings/finance/ratings/909201366/2012-Credit+Card+Satisfaction+Stud...

So here Capital One does about as well as Chase and Citi and Barclays, behind Discover and Amex, but ahead of BofA.  But the breakdown is more interesting, Cap One does badly on problem resolution (unempowered reps?), Citi on rewards and customer interaction.

Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I was wondering about ratings in the wider world, and found last year's survey:

http://www.jdpower.com/consumer-ratings/finance/ratings/909201366/2012-Credit+Card+Satisfaction+Stud...

So here Capital One does about as well as Chase and Citi and Barclays, behind Discover and Amex, but ahead of BofA.  But the breakdown is more interesting, Cap One does badly on problem resolution (unempowered reps?), Citi on rewards and customer interaction.

that's interesting... I think sums it up pretty well.... I would say the #1 issue all boils down to the end = "Problem Resolution" I'm even guilty myself that my frustration in text on here and venting to friends or what not is overseas call centers or something similar but once past the language issues, there are many overseas call centers that are able to effectively resolve issues and capital one is not and that really in the end is not the fault of the poor little CSR's. (This will serve as my apology to the call center reps today too Smiley Tongue)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.