Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Savor dining rewards card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Savor dining rewards card?

I heard an ad on the radio for this card today and I'm surprised that was my first time hearing about it since I frequent this forum just about every day.  Anyway, it's a 3% on dining, 2% on groceries and 1% on everything else card.  Nothing fantastic here, but something new.  Here's a link to it:

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/savor-dining-rewards/

Anyway, does anyone know if it's possible to PC an existing CO product to the Savor?  The reason I ask is because I have a QS in the SD, as it's 1.5% really does nothing for me.  If I were able to PC it to the Savor, I could see marginal value in the 3% dining, as I currently just use a 2% card for that category.  I would never apply for this card outright, but if a PC is possible it could be sightly useful.  I'm not sure what the CO rules are for doing PCs, so hopefully someone can weigh in on that.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
arkane
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Savor dining rewards card?

I *think* I may have read something about not being able to PC because the  card is so new. (It was released in Oct 2017, two weeks before the Barclays Uber) But never hurts to call and ask.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 2 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

PC aren't possible many articles on here asking that exact same question. Maybe in the future, but who knows as they aren't allowed now.  Someone tried a day or two back as of most recently.

Message 3 of 14
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Barclaycard Uber is 4% back. 3% on travel...

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like the QS will continue to reside in my SD then.

Message 5 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Haven't seen anyone able to PC to this card. It's also not really new per se; it was released IIRC over a year ago as "Premier Dining Rewards" or something like that, and later rebranded as Savor, but the rewards have been the same.

Message 6 of 14
arkane
Established Contributor

@Gregory1776wrote:

Barclaycard Uber is 4% back. 3% on travel...

I think BBS is aware of the Uber Visa, he's just trying to make lemonade out of milk gone bad at this point. Smiley LOL

But yes, Capone's Savor is pretty much a DoA product.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I guess not new then, but today was the first time I heard a radio commercial for it.  I've also never seen a TV commercial for it, so while not "new" I'd say it's new that it's finally being advertised.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually saw a commercial on it today....first time ever. 

Message 9 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I heard an ad on the radio for this card today and I'm surprised that was my first time hearing about it since I frequent this forum just about every day.  Anyway, it's a 3% on dining, 2% on groceries and 1% on everything else card.  Nothing fantastic here, but something new.  Here's a link to it:

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/savor-dining-rewards/

Anyway, does anyone know if it's possible to PC an existing CO product to the Savor?  The reason I ask is because I have a QS in the SD, as it's 1.5% really does nothing for me.  If I were able to PC it to the Savor, I could see marginal value in the 3% dining, as I currently just use a 2% card for that category.  I would never apply for this card outright, but if a PC is possible it could be sightly useful.  I'm not sure what the CO rules are for doing PCs, so hopefully someone can weigh in on that.  Thanks!

Just search here for Savor and see all the threads you have somehow missed!   It has been talked about a lot.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.