Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card Increase

tag
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Secured Card Increase

I got an email today that my Capital One secured card was increased with $300 unsecured credit Smiley Happy Its funny because I was planning to close it. I did the online chat last week just to see the procedure of closing the account or lower the amount and getting my deposit back since I was planning to invest my funds in Apple Financial Credit Union, since the card graduates. Well I guess I will stick to my original plan and see if they will waive my AF after 11 month bill cuts, if not I'll close it then.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Card Increase

Wow. Congrats. Very rare to seen an auto cli from Cap one. I ve had my secured over a year and no increase.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 2 of 16
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Thanks I was very shock! I thought you could only get increases by deposit, but someone else in another thread stated they got $100 dollars after there 6 month bill cut.I even asked the rep online and she told me "its a secured card, there is no increase unless you make a deposit". I see why so many post that reps are not good for information and speak to a supervisor. SMH  I'm still not happy it doesn't graduate Smiley Sad 

Here is a copy of the text part of the email. Not sure if the other stuff is allowed to post in forum.

Re: Your account ending in XXXX

my name was here,
Sometimes being a responsible customer pays off—like right  now! We’ve increased your credit line by $300. This increase is unsecured and provided automatically, so you don’t need to send an additional deposit to cover it. A higher credit line means you’ll enjoy more flexibility and be better prepared for life’s unexpected  expenses.
Now put your new credit line to work for you. You’ve earned  it! To check out this increase, just access your account online. And of course, feel free to keep adding funds to your security deposit.
Don’t forget you’re eligible for free CreditInform®*          with this account—sign up today by calling toll  free 1-877-511-7704. It’s a great way to track your credit and receive useful  credit tools.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 3 of 16
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Unique620 wrote:

I got an email today that my Capital One secured card was increased with $300 unsecured credit Smiley Happy Its funny because I was planning to close it. I did the online chat last week just to see the procedure of closing the account or lower the amount and getting my deposit back since I was planning to invest my funds in Apple Financial Credit Union, since the card graduates. Well I guess I will stick to my original plan and see if they will waive my AF after 11 month bill cuts, if not I'll close it then.

Suggest you apply for unsecured CC with Cap1 at month 11 and then close the secured card.

Message 4 of 16
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Unique620 wrote:

Suggest you apply for unsecured CC with Cap1 at month 11 and then close the secured card.

I already have a unsecured Capital One card, I open both cards the same day. I am rebuilding from BK. Got a Barclay approved in December for $2000. I just want another unsecured card before closing secured card so I can have 3 revolving credit cards and then let them grow.

Message 5 of 16
beb86
Valued Contributor

I got a random $100 unsecured CLI on my card a few months ago.I dont really use it seeing as the limit is so small.

Message 6 of 16
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

I was using mine monthly. I deposited $849. My CL was $1000 before they increased it today.

Message 7 of 16
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

That's weird that Cap1 would give you cli $300 for a secured card. I had a secured Cap1 for about a year now, after 6 month of having it, they gave me auto cli $100 and that's it. I sent an email to corp.office and got a phone call about 3 days later and explain to the corporate resolution rep about why I'm not receiving any cli or offer for an unsecured card.

She said she'll look into it and call me back, she calle dback same day and forward me to customer service. Customer service was useless and said since it'a secured card, we don't do cli and would have to apply for unsecured. So I called back to corporate office and she said the same, both were useless. So from what I've been hearing, $300 is the top off for secured card. I don't know how you got $300cli on a secured Cap1 card but that's great for you and congrats!!.

Message 8 of 16
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Does anybody ever read the descriptions of the cards before they apply?

Capital One Secured MC

Take control and build your credit

• Automatic reporting
    to the 3 major credit bureaus
  • Track your credit
    free enrollment in CreditInform®* lets you track your
    credit information and receive credit tools
  • Earn credit line increases
    you may earn credit line increases based on your
    payment and credit history

Message 9 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.