Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card Increase

tag
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Card Increase

@Wolf3 wrote:

Does anybody ever read the descriptions of the cards before they apply?

Capital One Secured MC

Take control and build your credit

• Automatic reporting
    to the 3 major credit bureaus
  • Track your credit
    free enrollment in CreditInform®* lets you track your
    credit information and receive credit tools
  • Earn credit line increases
    you may earn credit line increases based on your

payment and credit history

+1

Thats what I explain to the online chat rep. They are totally useless at times! I also explain to him that I have a car loan, two credit cards, money market, checking and savings with them, so I pretty much know Capital One very well and he is giving me poor customer service, by not having great product knowledge. He better be happy I didn't complete the little survey at the end of the chat!

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 11 of 16
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Congrats

Thanks

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 12 of 16
YahComb
Established Contributor

Grats. I got offered an unsecured 300 cli at 11 months-they didnt give me an auto cli. I had a deposit of 1200. Didnt bother since i knew i would be closing it at 12 months anyways.
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 13 of 16
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Thanks,

Yeah since I know it doesn't graduate I may be closing it in May anyway to avoid AF.

Message 14 of 16
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Same here!! I talked to a rep through chat and ask why is the benefits listed for this card is misleading. It says "earn credit limit increases" I made a POINT to point this out to the rep and they keep on saying the same thing, " it's a secured card" well I told her that they should make changes to how they word their secure card because it's misleading. Anyways, their was bothing they can do for me unless I apply for unsecured card. I decided that I'm gonna cancel it out since it's not beneficial to me anymore and avoid the AF.

Message 15 of 16
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

Same here!! I talked to a rep through chat and ask why is the benefits listed for this card is misleading. It says "earn credit limit increases" I made a POINT to point this out to the rep and they keep on saying the same thing, " it's a secured card" well I told her that they should make changes to how they word their secure card because it's misleading. Anyways, their was bothing they can do for me unless I apply for unsecured card. I decided that I'm gonna cancel it out since it's not beneficial to me anymore and avoid the AF.

I plan to do the same in May or lower my credit to the unsecured amount since it is now $500 unsecured. The $800 back can go towards me and my daughter birthday Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.