cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card and I'm on my way...

tag
mocha82
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Card and I'm on my way...

I applied for the Capital One Standard Platinum card yesterday.  I was approved w/ a $300.00 credit limit.  My scores were EQ 594 and TR 569.   I wonder if I will get the credit steps program.  So far when I call they doen't see it on my account.
@mocha82 wrote:

@texasman07 wrote:

I have had this Card Since September of 2010.  I had to Deposit 200.00$ Its a good Card. I use it an PIF every month. A month after I got my secured Card Cap1 sent me a pre approval in the mail for a Rewards No Hassel. I applied and got approved 500 CL with credit steps program to get to 750 for my next level.  I hit that next month. As for their Secured Card, its easy to add funds and increase your CL.  I think after 1 year they Unsecure the card but im not too sure on that. I called Customer Service and they told me to keep doing what Im doing and the card will unsecure. As for secured card I just got approved for a Bank of America Power Rewards SECURED CARD. I didnt even know they offered it but it was a counter offer to the regular unsecured card. 

Do you know what your scores were when you applied for each card?  I am interested in getting a unsecured card from Capital One as well.

Closed on my 1st home on: 11/30/2011
First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation (FGMC)
Starting Score:Equifax: 490 (01/14/2011)Transunion: 498 (01/14/2011)
Current Score: Equifax: 609(07/09/2012) Transunion: 644 (10/14/2011) Experian: 593 Lender Pull (08/22/2011)

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 23
bearsfan34
Regular Contributor

I also bit the bullet and instead of applying and risking a inquiry for nothing, I just applied for the secured card. Now I wish I would've just applied for the standard card instead!

Starting Score: EX 631 EQ 629 TU 646 1/18
Current Score: __
Goal Score: 710

Message 22 of 23
bearsfan34
Regular Contributor

It was just yesterday...don't suppose I would be able to call a backdoor number and ask them to reconsider....(wishful thinking here)Smiley Sad

Starting Score: EX 631 EQ 629 TU 646 1/18
Current Score: __
Goal Score: 710

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.