cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card.....unsecured CLI!!!

tag
Loques
Regular Contributor

Capital One Secured Card.....unsecured CLI!!!

Well, I would just like to let you guys know that I received an unsecured CLI of $300 on my Capital One Secured Card.  Got the card in June, so this is right on time (and on Christmas)!  Smiley Happy  Awesome present!

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Card.....unsecured CLI!!!

WTG!!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 36
Smug
Established Contributor

CONGRATS
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 3 of 36
mrmagic9799
Regular Contributor

Hey, do u mind sharing your utilization of the card.. ie did u PIF every month? Did they do a soft/hard pull? If so which CRA Did they unsure the card AND give you a CLI? I ask all these questions because I got this card back in August and I'm curious how long I have left. Thanks!!
Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you just deposit the minimum of 200?

Message 5 of 36
Loques
Regular Contributor

Well for the most part the utilization would vary between 30-70% each month with me paying 20-30% of the balance for a few months and then PIF.  I used the card a lot, virtually every day.  I used about the same amount that was payed each month, and then payed it off after 2-3 months.  My initial deposit was $800, they increased by $300, and I added another $400 ($1500 total).  They did not unsecure the card though.  (Still waiting for that!)  Also, got the card back in June 2010.

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 6 of 36
FicoTron
Established Contributor

I got the card in July and am still waiting for a CLI, I was hoping to bump this thread to see if anyone else had any luck.  I've noticed that they give bigger CLI"s depending on how much you have in the account at the time.  So the bigger the deposit, or what you add to it, the bigger the CLI.  Its been over 8 months with nothing.  I feel like I should have applied for the regular platinum card and gotten into the credit steps program...I wonder if I could switch to that card and not take another hard inq....anyone know anything about any of this stuff?

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 7 of 36
tobey
Contributor

I find it interesting you haven't received a CLI yet... I got mine around the same time as you and they gave me a $100 CLI earllier this month (bumping me up to $300). I only use the card once a month to show activity.

Starting Score: 737
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 36
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@cflinkman wrote:

I got the card in July and am still waiting for a CLI, I was hoping to bump this thread to see if anyone else had any luck.  I've noticed that they give bigger CLI"s depending on how much you have in the account at the time.  So the bigger the deposit, or what you add to it, the bigger the CLI.  Its been over 8 months with nothing.  I feel like I should have applied for the regular platinum card and gotten into the credit steps program...I wonder if I could switch to that card and not take another hard inq....anyone know anything about any of this stuff?

It is more like 8 months, give it another month or so.

Message 9 of 36
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Its month 9 and still no CLI.  I did increase my total deposit from $200 to $400 because I have noticed that the higher the amount in your account, the bigger the CLI.  I was also wondering though, if and when it becomes unsecured, will they put you in the credit steps program?  This way you have a shot at getting up around $1500 in a respectable amount of time?  Anyone with any info on this?

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.