Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Credit Card Upgrade- First Card

tag
CenturionDream
New Visitor

Capital One Secured Credit Card Upgrade- First Card

Hello, this is my first post! Smiley Tongue I just turned 18 and applied for the Capital One secured credit card and was instantly approved. (yay!) Now in the future if i would like to upgrade to one of thier no annual fee cards, can I? (If there is such a thing)  I would like to build an amazing credit score! The longer the card history the better Smiley Happy

**I got approved for WF college and Journey student today and they're both no fees. I dont want to close the secured card cause i know it'll hurt my credit.

Also I applied for chase freedom (out on a limb) & i got their 30 days pending notice email, do you think i would get approved? I recieved the further review needed with the journey and WF college cards but i got approved 3 days later...?

Thanks for any replies!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Credit Card Upgrade- First Card

Congrats on getting started into the credit world! 

Just so you know, Capital One no longer graduates Secured cards to Unsecured cards. Very sad I know. I used them to build my credit, and when they denied my card from being upgraded I closed my account and got a better card with another company. They are awesome to build credit with, but know that it will never be more than a secured card. (Which honestly doesn't matter unless you want your deposit back)

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CenturionDream wrote:

Hello, this is my first post! Smiley Tongue I just turned 18 and applied for the Capital One secured credit card and was instantly approved. (yay!) Now in the future if i would like to upgrade to one of thier no annual fee cards, can I? (If there is such a thing)  I would like to build an amazing credit score! The longer the card history the better Smiley Happy

**I got approved for WF college and Journey student today and they're both no fees. I dont want to close the secured card cause i know it'll hurt my credit.

Also I applied for chase freedom (out on a limb) & i got their 30 days pending notice email, do you think i would get approved? I recieved the further review needed with the journey and WF college cards but i got approved 3 days later...?

Thanks for any replies!

Welcome to the forum

Congrats on your new cards 

Call Chase for recon maybe they just need additional info....good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
CenturionDream
New Visitor

Oh that sucks Smiley Sad Well i guess i'll keep it for now then close it in a year. I don't care much for the deposit it was only $50. -Thanks

-------------------------------

I've read about the recon number and people getting approved but what would i say? I really have nothing to offer for them to reconsider. If they pull up a fresh credit report. I'll be denied as i already have a credit limit totaling $1k

Whats the number?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.