Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured...Denied

tag
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured...Denied

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

Soulmaster that may not be legal advice but it's REALLY good advice I must say. Thanks for posting that.

Smiley Wink Surprisingly, even though we file 20-30 BK/mo, our attorneys give that advice (actual/real legal advice) to our potential clients all the time.  I suppose I understand that the "BK only" firms are just trying to make some coin, but I'll tell ya... In most cases "file BK" is REALLY bad advice.  Granted, filing a BK is much easier from the law-firm's perspective, but I'm glad the guys I work for under stand the difference between right and $.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 11 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I have to agree with this. First Premier really isn't that bad my apr is 19.99 which isn't terrible but I PIF every month anyways. OP like you I was denied for cap one secured so then I got with first premier then about a week later I applied with cap one again and was approved. However I didn't go with cap one due to the fact that a secured card never graduates. Im going to reply on your bank of america post right now
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:
I have to agree with this. First Premier really isn't that bad my apr is 19.99 which isn't terrible but I PIF every month anyways. OP like you I was denied for cap one secured so then I got with first premier then about a week later I applied with cap one again and was approved. However I didn't go with cap one due to the fact that a secured card never graduates. Im going to reply on your bank of america post right now

Really the worst of FP comes out after the 1st year. The main purpose of getting a FP card is to use it and PIF for 1 year then AXE. NO REAL REASON TO KEEP THEM LONG HAUL!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 18
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Thanks everybody for the replies. I think after all is said and done, I may just go with NFCU and/or PNC....I actually just wanted a card that I could get on my reports as a postive TL asap since I have low scores and am about to go to a very subprime auto dealer for a car that I need for transportation. Some of these have lower min deposits...which is why I was interested, but I think i'm just rushing things.

Thanks for BK advice too...definitely going to be working on settling..even if i can't get everything deleted....just want to start seeing some improvement.

Message 14 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

Thanks everybody for the replies. I think after all is said and done, I may just go with NFCU and/or PNC....I actually just wanted a card that I could get on my reports as a postive TL asap since I have low scores and am about to go to a very subprime auto dealer for a car that I need for transportation. Some of these have lower min deposits...which is why I was interested, but I think i'm just rushing things.

Thanks for BK advice too...definitely going to be working on settling..even if i can't get everything deleted....just want to start seeing some improvement.

Just make certain your very subprime auto dealer has a loan for you that actually reports to the bureaus.

Sneak off to the bathroom with your cellphone and call the lender's CS department if you have to: if you're serious about improving your score, taking a loan that doesn't report is wasting time, and nearly unarguably money as well.  I don't know your history or your expectations, but in today's society it's probably worth sacrificing a few extra points on an APR to get a lender that reports vs. one that does not in terms of saving you money over the 1+ year time horizon.

        
Message 15 of 18
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Definitely agree with you, the car is just a necessity and most of the subprime lenders like Santander won't even approve me, so unfortunatelyeven if they don't report. I'm working on getting some Secured cards (at least 2) to help my positive TLs

Message 16 of 18
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

I had a couple old collections and a 5 year old judgment when I applied for the Cap1 secured card a couple years ago.  Was denied.  Next I tried for the Orchard secured, and I was approved.  Ready to dump the Orchard card now since I have improved my credit and have better cards.

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 17 of 18
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Out of curiosity though..does anyone know what the recon or backdoor number for this card is?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.