Frequent Contributor
Ortz33__

Capital One Secured Interest Rate Increase (no reason)

Hi

I know there are a few CapOne Secured Card users roaming around here.  I was just wondering if anyone else had an Interest Rate Increase this month?  My limit is 2300 and I was increased by 2 points to 19.5%    On a Secured Card!?  Seriously? this is my money!!!!!

Thanks

John

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: Capital One Secured Interest Rate Increase (no reason)

Ortz33__ wrote:

Hi

I know there are a few CapOne Secured Card users roaming around here.  I was just wondering if anyone else had an Interest Rate Increase this month?  My limit is 2300 and I was increased by 2 points to 19.5%    On a Secured Card!?  Seriously? this is my money!!!!!

Thanks

John

Here is my rate on Cap 1 Secured Card CL 2500.

Purchases 19.80%
Cash           24.90%

It has been the same since the first statement in July.

Frequent Contributor
Ortz33__

ya. stinks. 

what also stinks is that my cash advance limit is only $100.  supposedly they set it at what half of your initial deposit was!!  and that will supposedly never change, according to multiple cap one reps.  hoping they give me another bump in the summer.  

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Ortz33__ wrote:

ya. stinks. 

what also stinks is that my cash advance limit is only $100.  supposedly they set it at what half of your initial deposit was!!  and that will supposedly never change, according to multiple cap one reps.  hoping they give me another bump in the summer.  

In my opinion a cash advance is something you NEVER take on a credit card!

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+