Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Max Limit?

tag
Hogue69
Valued Member

Capital One Secured Max Limit?

I'm thinking of adding $500 dollars every 2 weeks to my Capital One Secured Card until I reach the $3000 dollar max, they do say that they MAY extend you a CLI after you've demonstrated responsible use, but are there any accounts of them extending a CLI over the max $3000?

CH.7 BK Discharged 8/11/18

Rebuilding - Slowly and Carefully!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Max Limit?

Get a secured card from the bank you have your checking account with.

Don't give Crap1 any more money.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Cap1*

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The cap1 secured is actually pretty decent. It doesn't report as a secured card. Im not sure if they go over 3000 with their unsecured CLIs though. I've never seen anyone with a limit over 3000$ on a secured with them.
Message 4 of 7
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Some secured cards report a hard pull everytime you add funds to your account, but I'm not sure of the situation with this card.

Be aware of that and ask questions first. You don't want to end up with multiple HPs on a secured card if you can help it.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 5 of 7
shakalaka
Established Contributor

AFAIK it isn´t a HP for CapOne if you add money. It wasn´t for me.

BofA is HP

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 6 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Capital One is a good secured card.   They do not HP on increases, they do not report as secured. 

I got $300 CLI at 6 months, and I had built it to $2200 at that time.  I have never seen anyone report getting more than $300.    If you really wan that unsecured CLI, I suggest you stop short (about $2500) and wait past the 6 months.    Or take a chance and see if they will add to the $3000.  My guess is that they will.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.