Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Platinum MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Secured Platinum MasterCard

What is the timeline for this card to unsecure?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Platinum MasterCard

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the timeline for this card to unsecure?

Never. Cap One secure card is a stepping stone, use it until your profile allows you to get unsecure ones then close it.

Message 2 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

+1

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 7
tbque
Valued Contributor

+2

Message 4 of 7
woodsie1
Regular Contributor

+3. Sorry, it won't. Know from experience.

Starting scores TU: 537 EQ: 571 Current Scores 8/2015 TU:641 EQ: 641EX: 643
4000 3600 30006200 VS: 2450 NY&CO: 2320

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened this capital one secured card in January 2015. Really good card all I had to do is deposit $49 to get $200 credit limit (minimum deposit based on credit worthiness) and they report really fast compared to what people say. I deposited the full amount $2849 to have $3000 I did it over 6 months of time. My score increased and I closed it in those six months and got my deposit back in 10 days. Most secured cards like wells Fargo they don't give you a deposit back in 30-90 days. Think of it as a way to save and gain credit. I had fun with this card. My highest balance reported was $85 with a $3000 limit that looks really good
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also tried soo hard to have it unsecure I even wrote a letter nothing this card does not unsecure. The only timeline benefits is some cardholders receive a cli in 6 months of $100 sometimes $300. I didn't receive it because I already deposit the full amount
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.