Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured card made deposit money still not debited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Secured card made deposit money still not debited

Hi all,

I have recently came to US and have got no credit history. Applied for a Capital One Secured credit card, got approved instantly and made a deposit of 200$ but the money has still not been debited from my account. Those who have got this card, does it take some time for them to debit the money ? 

Also what score will I start with since I have no credit history?

Thanks

-Chetan

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
slicemans
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured card made deposit money still not debited

5-6 days

Message 2 of 7
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

I can't remember but I only paid the $49 for mine and I think it was a few days until it withdraw the money, I did it online. Going through that with US Bank now too.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 3 of 7
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

and as far as your score, someone correct me, but I think it will take 6 months before you'll have a score because you have a "thin file" right now. Don't worry about it though because you'll have a lot easier time than me getting a high score with a blank sheet, count yourself lucky! Smiley Happy

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the replies. I will wait for some more days then.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know you've already gotten good replies but I just wanted to respond because I was having this same issue. I called Capitol One and they said it can take up to 10 days for the money to be taken out of your bank account. Then with processing and mailing the card and everything it usually takes about 3 weeks total to get the card and be able to use it. This is directly from Capitol One customer service so I hope it helps Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Money got debited today from my account. Let us see when will I receive my card Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.