Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured card

tag
mizzcharles
Valued Member

Capital One Secured card

Hello everyone

In my search for the perfect secured credit card that I can apply for and pay my deposit online i found two

1) Capital one secured - And you can customize your pic on the card

2)BOA

I was just happy to not have to mail in a check or money order and wait even longer for a response which in some cases can be a denial. Capital one even approved me instanly but we'll see what else they ask for..

I'll keep you guys up to date- if you know of any others that let you pay your deposit online please share.

I'm also going to do a test trial for everyone, i applied on 4/22/2010 let's see how long it takes to receive this card.

*Wishing to be debt free*

Starting Score: EX: 513, TU 495
Current Score: EX: ???, TU 520
Goal Score: EX: 650, TU: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured card

Definitiely not HSBC.

I just got my original check back with a reapply letter. I sent check with application over 6 months ago.   

They did not know where the check was, so I had to go into branch to make deposit, so I actually got the card 2 months ago.

Message 2 of 56
mizzcharles
Valued Member

Ok so here's the first update, One whole day later Capital one withdrew my $300 dollars from my bank account..

They say 7- 10 days to receive your card so so far this is good.

will let you guys know when i receive it...

Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 56
mizzcharles
Valued Member

Ok, for the next update today 4/27/10 i received a peice of mail containing important card info and welcome information.. MY card will be here soon.. so far five days since I Applied.

yay

Message 4 of 56
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

i will be interested to see if it reports as a secured card to the credit bureau and if you get a cli after a few months. let us know.

Message 5 of 56
mizzcharles
Valued Member

YES  I will definitly let you guys know....I'm excited i've told a few friends who got denied for the citi secured and boa. they got approved for capital one though.

they really wanna help ..

Message 6 of 56
d170
Regular Contributor

They do usually report as a secured card.  I have a secured card with my credit union and in the notes that's how it shows up.  The weird thing and I don' t know if this goes in your favor or not I did go over the credit lime once but it only shows the highest its been was the credit line on the account and not the amount that it was actually over.

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 7 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

it took approx 2 weeks from when my deposit funds were transfered from my bank account,  you will get a email saying your card was shipped yesterday and i got my card 3 days after i recived that email.

so far im happy with this card i was denied by my bank wells fargo mfor there secured card   they have a web site and phone number where you can fund a increse to your deposit funds to raise your credit limit and if you make your payments on time and not go over limit every 3 months you are elgible for a non secured credit line increase wich may take 1 to 2 months to post

after talking to a CSR they said the card reports as a secured card

also you can get a free with no trials or monthly fee subscription to there credit monitoring service where you get a free credit report and scor every 180 days (you can upgrade to a $12 a month fee to unlimited credit pulls)

to manage your card you have to login to a special website (capitalone.com/securedcard/manage) and not the  normal one and you can not direct download into quicken you have to download a web connect file

ive had the card for a week and cant wait to see if the promises are honored

Message 8 of 56
mizzcharles
Valued Member

Good news guys..

today i got my capital one secured master card in the mail..

two nights ago i got an email saying my card was mailed and today i received it. so unless u get that email your card isn't on the way yet..

they charged the annual fee to mine already...

so all together it took.

14 real days to get it, which is 7-10 business days like they said.

good luck to everyone else with your cards coming..

Message 9 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just made my first deposit increase because when I applied for the card I had a fairly old cap one charge off (old enough to be past the 7 year mark and off my credit reports) i applied with a low amount.  it took 3 days to be taken from my checking account (wells fargo)  now I'm waiting fo it to be added to my credit limit.

also asked the CSR again about the road to credit unsecured CLI  she said because I had an old charge off it might disqualify me from unsecured increases but she could not say for sure

Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.