Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Secured

Thank you everyone so much. I'm going to close them both and listen to the great advice about my QS1 so thank you everyone so much again

As far as my Venture I never showed a pre-qualification for it. I never showed I was preapproved for any of my capital one cards. In October when I applied for my QS1 I didn't show any preapprovals at all but I applied anyways. I was denied but I recon'ed with the EO and they approved me with a $300 CL. At this time I had my secured card for 6 months.

When I seen the Venture frenzy I really wanted to try. I wanted a travel card and another larger limit (My NFCU card is at 12.5K) plus the spend bonus was nice. I tried the pre-qual site but once again nothing came up. I was scared to apply because of what happened with the QS1 and not have a pre-qual then but I tried anyways and it came back with a instant approval for 5K (I don't have much history at all plus (2) 5 year old collections on each of my reports. At this time I had my Secured card for about 10 months and my QS1 for 4 months. My scores were TU 656 EX 666 EQ 640 and my oldest card at the time was 10 months. I sometimes wish I would of waited to get my scores up a little more before applying but it's now my 2nd highest limit. The rest of my cards (including store cards are between $300-$900) and now I have a Venture at 5K and my NFCU card at 12.5K so I guess I really can't complain at all

I also have a Cap One 360 account so I have quite a few account with Cap one lol thanks everyone so much again!!
Message 11 of 12
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you everyone so much. I'm going to close them both and listen to the great advice about my QS1 so thank you everyone so much again

As far as my Venture I never showed a pre-qualification for it. I never showed I was preapproved for any of my capital one cards. In October when I applied for my QS1 I didn't show any preapprovals at all but I applied anyways. I was denied but I recon'ed with the EO and they approved me with a $300 CL. At this time I had my secured card for 6 months.

When I seen the Venture frenzy I really wanted to try. I wanted a travel card and another larger limit (My NFCU card is at 12.5K) plus the spend bonus was nice. I tried the pre-qual site but once again nothing came up. I was scared to apply because of what happened with the QS1 and not have a pre-qual then but I tried anyways and it came back with a instant approval for 5K (I don't have much history at all plus (2) 5 year old collections on each of my reports. At this time I had my Secured card for about 10 months and my QS1 for 4 months. My scores were TU 656 EX 666 EQ 640 and my oldest card at the time was 10 months. I sometimes wish I would of waited to get my scores up a little more before applying but it's now my 2nd highest limit. The rest of my cards (including store cards are between $300-$900) and now I have a Venture at 5K and my NFCU card at 12.5K so I guess I really can't complain at all

I also have a Cap One 360 account so I have quite a few account with Cap one lol thanks everyone so much again!!

YMMV but 2 weeks after I closed my partially secured card I did have the prequal for the Venture. I really do feel that Partially secured card does hold you back from other  cards

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.