Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Small CLI

tag
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Capital One Small CLI

As I've mentioned elsewhere on the myFICO forums, Capital One wil only a approve a $150 line increase on my QS1. I am positive it might be because of lack of use, but it didn't make sense to me to pay it down, only to run it up again. I was using it heavy until I started to hoard cash before my trip to Brazil.

I called the EO number from the list - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Was told to input a PIN number, what PIN??? Anyway I just pressed zero and got somebody. She told me there was nothing she could do on her end. On Get Human I found the EO's email address so I sent him a short note.

Is there anything else I can do?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Small CLI

You will need to use the love button, the Cap-1 EO no longer will consider CLIs.
Message 2 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:
You will need to use the love button, the Cap-1 EO no longer will consider CLIs.

+1

That's right, I.almost forgot about this

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 5
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Dj4Money wrote:

As I've mentioned elsewhere on the myFICO forums, Capital One wil only a approve a $150 line increase on my QS1. I am positive it might be because of lack of use, but it didn't make sense to me to pay it down, only to run it up again. I was using it heavy until I started to hoard cash before my trip to Brazil.

I called the EO number from the list - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Was told to input a PIN number, what PIN??? Anyway I just pressed zero and got somebody. She told me there was nothing she could do on her end. On Get Human I found the EO's email address so I sent him a short note.

Is there anything else I can do?

Use the card more and then hit the luv button. you said yourself the lack of a decent CLI is probably because of lack of use, well I think your correct. If you don't use a card much it's really hard to justify them giving you a larger CLI. Computers make all the decisions and your spend and pay are part of the algorithms that approve your CLI, The EO doesn't help anymore because people killed the golden goose by flooding them with too may requests for things best left to automation or frontline CSR's. 

Message 4 of 5
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

I can try front line CSR's I guess.

Heavy use is coming soon, in one fell swoop... I just wanted more than $2,000 to play with.

It will work but I didn't want to strike multiple cards to get the job done. 

If I can't get a sizable line increase, the lady told me to try again in 90 days, then there's little point in paying down below 30%, it will be around 28-29% once my Merrick shows up as PIF.

I will get a huge FICO score boost at the end of July when my repo drops; what I really want is a card with a starting CLI of $5,000

PIF the QS1 might help I'm just not sure how much and I don't want a three buerau pull from Capital One and not get a Venture (not the Venture One) or CSP.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.