Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Snafu Update

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Snafu Update

When I contacted Cap1 through Facebook I used personal message at the top of their Facebook page. I gave a brief message with the problem and my phone number. They called me in a very short time and accelerated it to EO office. In about 5 days EO called and tried to resolve my problem. Good Luck!
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 14
Xistaben2
New Contributor

FWIW, I had a Platinum with an AF, I called one day to try to upgrade to QS, they couldn't do it, but they removed the AF as a Platinum.  Then later (about 6 months) I was able to upgrade to QS1, then a QS.

Honestly, with these cards, I think anything is possible (meaning they can do what they want on a per case basis despite whatever card you have at whatever stage).  So anytime they tell me I can't have or do something, I call shenanigans in my head then try again in a few months.

Message 12 of 14
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I have had success in calling EEO and have received updates from them via phone call.  Even EEO does not seem to be very enabled to do much of anything but at least I was able to communicate with them and they have always been very friendly. I would keep  the account open. You can always SD the card and they will most likely not close the account for non use for some time.  Hope this helps.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Xistaben2 wrote:

FWIW, I had a Platinum with an AF, I called one day to try to upgrade to QS, they couldn't do it, but they removed the AF as a Platinum.  Then later (about 6 months) I was able to upgrade to QS1, then a QS.

Honestly, with these cards, I think anything is possible (meaning they can do what they want on a per case basis despite whatever card you have at whatever stage).  So anytime they tell me I can't have or do something, I call shenanigans in my head then try again in a few months.

Also, depends on what the CSA had for breakfast, how long until their break, and myriad other factors.

Call back.  Call back often enough to catch any changes to their policies, but not often enough to stand out as a PITA. Yeah, I can't tell you where that sweet spot is, either. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.