Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Social Team Fail...

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Capital One Social Team Fail...

After several chats, calls, escalations, and emails, I had been unsuccessful in getting my limit on my Capital One Platinum Rewards Card raised.  The two most common responses have been that this card has a 3k max (mine is 3500) or that Capital One is not doing increases at this time. 

I decided to see if the social team could get me anywhere with this.  I posted on their facebook wall and received a femail giving me the social team's email contact info.  After trying that, I got an email response asking for zip code, etc. presumabley so they could identify my account.  Then nothing.  After a week or so, I emailed them again to see if they got my message, and they replied that they had tried to call and left a message.  No, they didn't.

Today I received a call from someone who identified herself as a representative of Capital One and referenced the email.  When I said, Oh, you must be from the social team she kind of laughed, and said "yeah", as if she were just a regular rep following up on a referral from them.  Don't get me wrong, she was very nice, but obviously not a special section of customer service.  

She thanked me for contacting them and told me "it's nothing against you, but Capital One is just not doing increases right now.  Capital One has always been kind of conservative like that."  and "feel free to check back again" as they may do them in the future.

Wow.

Despite very low expectations going into this, they still managed to disappoint me.  Nice.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Social Team Fail...

Cap1 is as constant as the Northern Star...  You can always count on a NO from them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Cap1 is as constant as the Northern Star...  You can always count on a NO from them.

Smiley Very Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 3 of 5
p-
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

What a contrast compared to other companies.  When I was denied for Sapphire Preferred from Chase last February, I called for recon and got a completely different level of help.

The recon rep went over my report with me, and explained what the specitfic issues were she had with my report; mainly that I had so much new credit.  She said that she would really like me to wait until all of my accounts were over a year old so that I could show how I handled the new levels of credit before they were comfortable giving me another card.  At that time I had several credit cards and a car loan all in the past 6 months.  I am considering re-applying in March.  By then I will have all but one inquiry off of my score, and all credit cards over a year of history.  The only new account will be the car loan from June.

That's a "no" that I can live with.  The whole "computer says no, I don't know why" thing from Cap 1 is frustrating.

Message 4 of 5
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

I wish I would know this forum earlier then cap can kiss my ........dusty lol

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.