Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Sony - cutting down

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One Sony - cutting down

Decided to Close my Capital One Sony Account to bring down my exposure and number of cards with them since this one is worthless to me.

$2250 CL (I did try for CLI before I decided to close it just in case Smiley Tongue )

Now I have Venture, QS, Spark Cash... I'm a month or two from Venture being eligible to Consolidate to QS!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Sony - cutting down

nice! and yes, the Sony won't be eligible to combine, Whats your total exposure right now with them after closing? Im at $47k with 2 cards. Id like to in a few years combine those two into one as well.
Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
nice! and yes, the Sony won't be eligible to combine, Whats your total exposure right now with them after closing? Im at $47k with 2 cards. Id like to in a few years combine those two into one as well.

I'm only at $23k Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 10
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice!  my question is should I start being worried because I have three cards with them? My exposure is $40,550 so the next month or two should I start combining cards? 

Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

Nice!  my question is should I start being worried because I have three cards with them? My exposure is $40,550 so the next month or two should I start combining cards? 

you can have 5.

but my goal was to have 1 big personal and 1 big business... but my business I don't really use so they haven't given me any CLI lately. (catch 22)

but if you want 1 QS and 1 Venture that makes sense... but after bonus, doesn't make sense to keep 2 of either of those cards, so my as well consolidate.

Message 5 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

Im at 46k now after some recent bumps. but that is spread over 5 cards, the best one is 15k Venture. 

I closed out a card earlier this year, so I could get down to 4 cards and hope for the Venture PreQual. 

Took about 5 months to happen but it did about a month ago, prequal Venture instant approved 15k! Now im back to 5 cards. 

When I can combine some I will. I would easly think 100k with capitalone would be do able without much hassle from them. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may have hit maximum exposure with them already.  I have $50K across multiple cards (just waiting to consolidate, fingers crossed it works in March).  I've asked for a CLI on the V1 (yes, totally useless card) and it's coming back with messages about credit lines, so I'm guessing with my scores, I'm going to be at this exposure limit until my scores climb.

Message 7 of 10
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Decided to Close my Capital One Sony Account to bring down my exposure and number of cards with them since this one is worthless to me.

$2250 CL (I did try for CLI before I decided to close it just in case Smiley Tongue )

Now I have Venture, QS, Spark Cash... I'm a month or two from Venture being eligible to Consolidate to QS!

I think that is a great move. I've been reading here that you can have 5 cap1 cards total. Would Spark cash count also? I see that you are already at 3. I would guess combining 2 cap1 cards into 1 down the road will allowed you to obtain more cap1 cards. 

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I think that is a great move. I've been reading here that you can have 5 cap1 cards total. Would Spark cash count also? I see that you are already at 3. I would guess combining 2 cap1 cards into 1 down the road will allowed you to obtain more cap1 cards. 

yes spark counts as 1 of 5.

Message 9 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

I've SDed my Sony Card.   With the loss of Sony stores and ordering at Sony.com I hope that they discontinue the card program at some point and Cap One retains the portfolio.   If that happens, they'd PC the cards (maybe to Platinum?).   Then, consolidations would be possible.  Of course, who knows if/when that will happen?  

The only use I have for this card at this point is that it's a no FTF Visa, which could come in handy for travel.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.