Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Statement ?

tag
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Capital One Statement ?

I just received my cap one card this 3 days ago, and while no statement is showing online, there is a due date of June 18th for paying my bill.
Am I correct in my assumption that a statement was already cut? and a new cycle has begun? Not trying to be ignorant, but I dont recall ever receiving

a CC and then have the billing cycle end so quickly.

Thanks!

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Statement ?

Hi, fricnfrac1!

It's highly unlikely that a statement has already been cut.  But your account has been programmed with statement ending date and payment date.

You're in your first billing cycle, which will probably end around June 24th.  That's when your first statement will cut (roughly).

Congrats on your new card!

Message 2 of 11
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Hi Uborrow!

Ok, sounds logical. I appreciate your input. I love my card and the rewards!

Thanks again!Smiley Tongue

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 3 of 11
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

You're welcome!  Smiley Happy

(And I like my Cap One card, too...especially the purchase checks, with no transaction fees!)

Message 4 of 11
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Hey Uborrow, what are purchase checks? Are those for tranferring balances? Or is it something different?

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 5 of 11
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

fricnfrac1, if your account is eligible to receive these, they will be sent to you automatically.  Sometimes they arrive in a separate booklet of checks, and sometimes they are included with your monthly statement as a separate printed page of checks.  The specific terms for these checks are included with them.

They can be written to yourself and deposited in your own account; or, written to a vendor who doesn't accept credit cards; or, used to transfer balances from another account to your Cap One account.

They are treated as if they're ordinary purchases, with the same purchase APR and grace period that's normal for your account.

No transaction fees on these whatsoever, which makes these checks a very nice perk for having a Cap One account!  If you work them right, you can get a ninety day float, no interest, between several accounts with a balance.  Smiley Very Happy

No rewards points on these, though.  Sorry! Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 11
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Interesting! When you say "your account", you mean my checking? So, If I wanted to use one of these checks, deposit into my own account, I wouldnt be charged a cash advance  fee? Sounds too good to be true. Im probably wrong in my assumptions! Great info though. Just another wonderful tool from Cap 1. :-)

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 7 of 11
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

@fricnfrac1 wrote:

Interesting! When you say "your account", you mean my checking? So, If I wanted to use one of these checks, deposit into my own account, I wouldnt be charged a cash advance  fee? Sounds too good to be true. Im probably wrong in my assumptions! Great info though. Just another wonderful tool from Cap 1. :-)

Yup... They treat them as regular purchases, no fee and grace period. I used to get them with my statements but I haven't got any check since Feb.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 8 of 11
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Wow, that's great. I do have certain vendors I deal with that don't take CC..hopefully someday, some will be sent my way.

I emailed Cap 1 about my billing cycle and this is what they said

We have received your question regarding billing cycle. So that we can
better assist you, we have reviewed your account and found the billing
cycle starts on 22 and ends on 21 of every month.

So, I think I am in a new cycle now! I suppose I should get ready to make my first payment!

Thanks for all the help Fellow Fico fanatics!Smiley Happy

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 9 of 11
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

I just opened my last month statement and found the Purchase Checks in there.

Cap1 Back

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.