Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Steps Program

tag
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Steps Program

How was anyone utilization on other cards when they received their CLI on the 6th statement with the credit steps program?

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just graduated from the credit steps program 2 days ago and was only expecting that 500 credit limit increase. the limit on the card to start out with was 1K but i checked my account online and actually went from 1K to 2500.....as far as spending habits i was only using anywhere from 50 to 70% of my limit every month and paying in full at the end of the month

Message 22 of 30
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

So it looks like the more you spend the more they up the limit. Which is nice because I've been using the crap out of mine!

Personal:

Business:

Message 23 of 30
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

I was at $500. Bumped to $1000 after Credit Steps after 6 Months.

Requested a CLI a year later to 4K. Contacted EO when the AF was coming up and PC'd to the QuickSilver with no AF. 

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 24 of 30
Supernatural
Valued Member

Does anyone know how to get in the Steps Program?  I couldn't find anything on CO's website.  

Message 25 of 30
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

My letter promised a $500 increase on credit steps, which they gave. 

Card was opened at $750, then an increase to $1250, then four months later, I got an auto CLI to $1750, IDK why

I had about 50% UTIL on the card most of the time, and making regular pmts, but not PIF.

Now, they are paid off and sock drawered. 

Message 26 of 30
taxi818
Super Contributor

1) What was your starting limit?

2) What was your spending habits per month on the card(s)?

3) What was your steps increase?

4) If it was unsatisfactory for you, did you have a successful EO recon?

1 Sl 500

2.used 30 percent ran about 800 to 1000 a month on card. and paid mutilple times.

also they said from 500 to 750 after 5 months.

3, Increase from 500 to 3000 . 5X times.

4. All was good. no need to call. by that time had many other cards. with nice limits.

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

You only get half of what your CL is so if your CL is $3,000 you will get a $1,500 CLI

I have a $500 CL so my CLI will be $250 increase in Feb 15 for me with my QS 

I know that can't be their standard protocol because both my husband & I have beginning limits of $300, but have been promised minimum increases of $200 to bring our credit limits to $500.  Of course we're hoping for more, but that's what's been promised through the Credit Steps program.

Message 28 of 30
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I've read stories on here that people have had significant steps CLI's by spending a ton and paying off a few times a month, and that's what I've been doing. I've had my cards for 3 weeks now and ran so far $4K through them and currently have a $50 balance on the rewards card. In fact I still haven't received my first statement for either card as of today.

So today I receive an email from Cap 1 explaining the CLI through the steps and that my cards will go from $3K to $3.5K through the steps. Are you guys finding that is all you're getting? I'd ideally like to be up in the $4.5-$5K after the increase so then in the next 6 months I could PC to their better cards.

So I guess what I'm asking is this:

1) What was your starting limit?

2) What was your spending habits per month on the card(s)?

3) What was your steps increase?

4) If it was unsatisfactory for you, did you have a successful EO recon?

1. 500

2. 250 or more.  Depending on the month.

I requested a CLI after the second statement cut.  My SL went from 500 to 1500.  I am currently in the Credit Steps Program and I am due for my increase between June and July.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 29 of 30
taxi818
Super Contributor

Ignore steps letter. Just use cArd. And pY. They will reward you with very strong increAse. Not what it says in letter.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.