cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Stopping the check offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One - Stopping the check offers?

Is there a way, short of closing the account, to get Capital One to stop sending balance transfer/purchase checks? I've looked all over their web site and couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One - Stopping the check offers?

I don't know but I do know that I have used them and they are pretty good. Why can't you just shred them.  I do.

Are you getting so many they are bothersome?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried call CS and asking?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not dissing the product. Some may find them very useful, but I do not. Smiley Happy And I've been receiving them on the average of every other day.

I did call the number from their privacy pdf to opt out of all marketing offers, but i'm not sure if these are included among the opted out options.

I posted to see if anyone else had successfully opted out of these. My poor shredder is exhausted! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a wood fireplace, they can make a wonderful firestarter fuel Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 10
NinComPoop
Contributor

I'm pretty sure you can call the customer service number that comes with the check to stop them from coming.  With BOA it can take 1 - 2 billing periods to stop so I'd assume it's roughly the same time period with Cap One.  They probably have people calling all the time to get them to stop so give it a try.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

they must love you.  I never get that many.
Message 7 of 10
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

I honestly can't recall a single instance of reading that anyone successfully got the check offers to stop coming.

For while I justified to myself that that there was some value in receiving them because you didn't used to be able to receive view and set up Capital One balance transfer offers online.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mind receiving them so much as I mind them reneging on the best ones!!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies everyone. Going to wait and see if 1)opting out of the marketing offers and 2)sendind an email to customer support (via their web site) has any effect. If I have any success at all, I'll report back to this thread.

In the meantime, I'll have to buy my shredder a new bottle of oil (unfortunately I don't have a fireplace).

Thanks again everyone! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.