Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Surprise...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Surprise...

Got a cap one care back in august 06 $500 credit limit and $39 AF, they raised the limit to $750 after three months then i called the back door number and got another increase to $1250 a few months later. That was it for a while until yesterday when i logged into my account a saw that my CL was now $5250 (a 4k cli without even asking for one)....Niceeeeeeeee Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Surprise...

Nice! Now all you have to do is figure a way out of the AF.
Message 2 of 31
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Got a cap one care back in august 06 $500 credit limit and $39 AF, they raised the limit to $750 after three months then i called the back door number and got another increase to $1250 a few months later. That was it for a while until yesterday when i logged into my account a saw that my CL was now $5250 (a 4k cli without even asking for one)....Niceeeeeeeee Smiley Happy

Wow! Cap1 won't give my anything.  I been begging for a CLI.  I started with $300. Increase to $500 after many many years, and later increase to $750 about a year ago.   They have loaned my $10000 years ago, but won't give me CLI.

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is a cap one care card different than a plain ol' cap one card? I have tried for cli's before on my cap one cards and they act like I am speaking some other language when I ask. I thought I read they aren't doing customer requested cli's right now.

Message 4 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

care is carde.

Apparently it wasn't user requested. That's what I got out of it. One helluva auto CLI.

Message 5 of 31
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

*keeps checking Capital One account online*

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 increased me from 5k opening CL to 10k after 4 mos but that was way back in the day. Have only had one 3k CLI since from them and that was a few yrs ago before the credit crunch hit. But they did RJ this yr from 6.9F to 15.9V.
Message 7 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Cap 1 increased me from 5k opening CL to 10k after 4 mos but that was way back in the day. Have only had one 3k CLI since from them and that was a few yrs ago before the credit crunch hit. But they did RJ this yr from 6.9F to 15.9V.

I wonder if the issuers have a statistical model for cardholder toleration of rate increases that scores APR achievable vs. number of open revolving TL's?

Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 31
lagb
Contributor

Funny, I called Cap 1 back door number for an increase and they nicely told me that "due to the economy, they are not giving out increases." ??  What kinda crap is that???  I've never been late, got the standard increase after the first 3 months and now nothing.  I've gotta crappy $750.00 CL and now hubby and I got letters in the mail increasing our rate to a ridiculous 17.9 and 21.9%!!! WOW!!! I know which cards we WON'T be using anymore!!!
Message 9 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@lagb wrote:
Funny, I called Cap 1 back door number for an increase and they nicely told me that "due to the economy, they are not giving out increases." ??  What kinda crap is that???  I've never been late, got the standard increase after the first 3 months and now nothing.  I've gotta crappy $750.00 CL and now hubby and I got letters in the mail increasing our rate to a ridiculous 17.9 and 21.9%!!! WOW!!! I know which cards we WON'T be using anymore!!!

You're not alone. This has happened to many, many people.
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.