Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Surprise...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Surprise...

@Anonymous wrote:

Is a cap one care card different than a plain ol' cap one card? I have tried for cli's before on my cap one cards and they act like I am speaking some other language when I ask. I thought I read they aren't doing customer requested cli's right now.

Yes Cap One has "tiered" cards.  SOme cards will never grow ... regardless of how many times you call, the direction of the moon, etc ... I have one of those types of cards.  It took 3 years and a bazillion (yes bazillion lol) representatives before someone actually gave me the information that my card was that type of card and could never receive customer initiated CLIs (I received the card via an payoff agreement with a collection agency). If you search the forums, you will find many posts regarding this.
Message 11 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is a cap one care card different than a plain ol' cap one card? I have tried for cli's before on my cap one cards and they act like I am speaking some other language when I ask. I thought I read they aren't doing customer requested cli's right now.

Yes Cap One has "tiered" cards.  SOme cards will never grow ... regardless of how many times you call, the direction of the moon, etc ... I have one of those types of cards.  It took 3 years and a bazillion (yes bazillion lol) representatives before someone actually gave me the information that my card was that type of card and could never receive customer initiated CLIs (I received the card via an payoff agreement with a collection agency). If you search the forums, you will find many posts regarding this.

There was even a list available around here somewhere of the maximum CL caps for each type of Cap1 card.

Message 12 of 31
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Took them about 6-7 years to give me a CLI from my initial $500 CL.

No late payments ever and I pretty much paid off in full every month.

I had called in before and they said nope, and out of nowhere they give me an increase to $4500 without any contact to them on my part.

Weird too because I was late on a payment by about 2 weeks, guess it caused them to review my account and they saw that I was always on point for the past 6-7 years besides that 1 time.  Waiting on my free credit reports now hoping that they didn't report it since it wasn't 30 days late.

Message 13 of 31
DI
Super Contributor

Cap One wouldn't suprise me even if it was my birthday!!  I'm about ready to sever tides with them. 
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Got a cap one care back in august 06 $500 credit limit and $39 AF, they raised the limit to $750 after three months then i called the back door number and got another increase to $1250 a few months later. That was it for a while until yesterday when i logged into my account a saw that my CL was now $5250 (a 4k cli without even asking for one)....Niceeeeeeeee Smiley Happy

That is a GREAT surprise!  I'm sure partying along with you!!

I'm sure quite a few folks would be interested in knowing what type of Cap One card you have.  Cap One is kind of like a family with a some well-behaved children and some misbehaving rowdies. 

Message 15 of 31
jackg
Established Contributor

rue60,

Way to go, great news. Have you tried to figure out why it happened? I would be very interested to know if you figure it out.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 16 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

While late payments do not bar a CLI I would not recommend making a late payment as a way to go about getting one!

Nice job on that CLI!

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Got a cap one care back in august 06 $500 credit limit and $39 AF, they raised the limit to $750 after three months then i called the back door number and got another increase to $1250 a few months later. That was it for a while until yesterday when i logged into my account a saw that my CL was now $5250 (a 4k cli without even asking for one)....Niceeeeeeeee Smiley Happy

I also got a $4k CL incr on Cap 1 this weekend. I had asked for one over the phone a few weeks ago and they told me that it was denied due to current economic/business conditions. So I was very surprised. My CL went from $750 to $4750.  I have a platinum MC.
Message 18 of 31
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I also got a $4k CL incr on Cap 1 this weekend. I had asked for one over the phone a few weeks ago and they told me that it was denied due to current economic/business conditions. So I was very surprised. My CL went from $750 to $4750.  I have a platinum MC.

Congratulations to both of you! Very nice CL increases. Good news seems hard to come by these days.

Message 19 of 31
DI
Super Contributor

I hope Cap 1 is going down the cardholder's list, and just haven't got to me yet.  I'm waiting on a big increase. 
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.