cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Troubles

New Contributor

Capital One Troubles

I think I'm about to be done with Capital One. I have four cards with them, all with limits under 1,000 dollars. I've requested cli's with them on countless occasions, and they are always unwilling to oblige my requests. Its completely frustrating. While these cards did help me build credit when I got them back in 2009, my credit has drastically improved, and I feel like they are not an accurate representation of my current credit profile.

 

What do you all think: should I drop them all, take the hit on my AAoA and get newer and better cards, or should I just keep them? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

 

AmEx BCE 12k | Sams Club 10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 10k| Discover IT $9.2k I Citi Diamond Preferred 5.3k I Barclays Apple Financing 4.5k | Barclays Arrival 4k | Chase Freedon $3k I Amazon Storecard $2.5k | Paypal $1.6k | src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" width="50" border="0" align="left">Starting Score: 520's
Current Score: FICO EX: 778(10/2014) FICO EQ: 785 (FICO 10/2014) FICO TU: 789 (Discover Monthly FICO)
Goal Score: 800


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Troubles

Have you gone the EO route?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
Moderator

Re: Capital One Troubles


myjourney wrote:

Have you gone the EO route?


+1.  The frontline CSRs and the LUV button don't always work.  Best to call the EO and see where you get.  



Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 791 (TU08, 12/1/17)
Sam's Club MC $25000 | Marvel MC $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 | AMEX BCE $20400 | Discover IT $20000 | Macy's Store $20000 | Cap 1 QS WMC $17250 | BoA BBR #1 $17200 | JCP $15000 | Citi DC $12600 | Freedom VS $12000 | BofA BBR #2 $11800 | Disney VS $11500 | Care Credit MC $11200 | Cash+ VS $10500 | CashForward WMC $10000 | Barclay Rewards WMC $10000 | WCU Visa $10000 | Amazon Store $8000 | Blispay $7500 | Target MC $5000 | Sony Card $4250 | ~~Gardening Since 11/2/17
Message 3 of 7
New Contributor

Re: Capital One Troubles

No I have not. I've read on different posts that others have had successful encounters taking the EO route...I guess I'm just a bit apprehensive. I'm tired of them telling me "no."

AmEx BCE 12k | Sams Club 10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 10k| Discover IT $9.2k I Citi Diamond Preferred 5.3k I Barclays Apple Financing 4.5k | Barclays Arrival 4k | Chase Freedon $3k I Amazon Storecard $2.5k | Paypal $1.6k | src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" width="50" border="0" align="left">Starting Score: 520's
Current Score: FICO EX: 778(10/2014) FICO EQ: 785 (FICO 10/2014) FICO TU: 789 (Discover Monthly FICO)
Goal Score: 800


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Troubles


jropeter wrote:

No I have not. I've read on different posts that others have had successful encounters taking the EO route...I guess I'm just a bit apprehensive. I'm tired of them telling me "no."


Lol

You can't be tired if you haven't given it your best effort ....Joke 

Follow the link and good luck

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

 

Click on the top one for email address 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Troubles


myjourney wrote:

jropeter wrote:

No I have not. I've read on different posts that others have had successful encounters taking the EO route...I guess I'm just a bit apprehensive. I'm tired of them telling me "no."


Lol

You can't be tired if you haven't given it your best effort ....Joke 

Follow the link and good luck

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

 

Click on the top one for email address 


+1...if you still feel the same way after going thru the EO, i would definitely say close some/most...gl! Smiley Happy



GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Troubles


jropeter wrote:

I think I'm about to be done with Capital One. I have four cards with them, all with limits under 1,000 dollars. I've requested cli's with them on countless occasions, and they are always unwilling to oblige my requests. Its completely frustrating. While these cards did help me build credit when I got them back in 2009, my credit has drastically improved, and I feel like they are not an accurate representation of my current credit profile.

 

What do you all think: should I drop them all, take the hit on my AAoA and get newer and better cards, or should I just keep them? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

 


If the EO doesn't help then drop them, the above red part is a misconcepion. See this http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/td-p/347190


   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |

Message 7 of 7