Did you mean: 

Capital One - Unbelievable, so glad I closed my account

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One - Unbelievable, so glad I closed my account

@takeshi74 wrote:

@hilarybanks wrote:

I had just gotten off the phone closing my CapOne card when I realized I forgot to download my eStatements. The account is paid in full, so I no longer have acces to my online account. 

I'm thinking - no problem, I'll just call them back. Literally 10 minutes after I closed the account, they refused to provide service to me over the phone and instead told me to WRITE A LETTER TO GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE. Yes, you read that right - they told me to write to snail mail after 6 years as a paying customer, never late, account paid in full.

What creditor allows you account access after you've closed the account?  They did exactly what you asked.  While I'm no fan of CO and think that they deserve their rpuration I don't think this falls into that category.  If one expects reciprocated loyalty from a corporation then one gets what one deserves IMO.  It's just about money and answering to the shareholders for them.

My Elan card let me have online access for a long time after the account was closed. I kept checking because it still showed my credit limit, so I was wondering if they actually closed the account or not... Eventually it started indicating no credit limit, so I stopped checking it.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 11 of 19
ludawg23
Established Member

No complaints here about Capital One - love my Venture card and service has been great.

Message 12 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I also have no complaints about Cap1 but to be fair have to admit that I got in with their Cash Rewards Visa Signature card and did not have to work my "way up" with them.  That probably got me a complete different experience with Cap1.

Message 13 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

No complaints either, and have always received exemplrary service with the Venture card.

Message 14 of 19
Involver
Valued Contributor

What I want to know is how you convinced them to PC a secured card to a Quicksilver.  I was under the impression this was an absolute no.

Message 15 of 19
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@hilarybanks wrote:

I had just gotten off the phone closing my CapOne card when I realized I forgot to download my eStatements. The account is paid in full, so I no longer have acces to my online account. 

I'm thinking - no problem, I'll just call them back. Literally 10 minutes after I closed the account, they refused to provide service to me over the phone and instead told me to WRITE A LETTER TO GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE. Yes, you read that right - they told me to write to snail mail after 6 years as a paying customer, never late, account paid in full.

What creditor allows you account access after you've closed the account?  They did exactly what you asked.  While I'm no fan of CO and think that they deserve their rpuration I don't think this falls into that category.  If one expects reciprocated loyalty from a corporation then one gets what one deserves IMO.  It's just about money and answering to the shareholders for them.

HSBC, after being taken over by Cap One, does.  I closed my HSBC account after they (Cap One) would not waive the AF nor grant a CLI from the toy limit I had at the time.  I've been able to access the account up until recently deleting the log on screen from my favourites.  Last time I logged in was probably 3 months ago, but long after I'd closed the account. 

Message 16 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

I think several do.  Barclays gave me access for 6 months after closure, saying it was so that I could access my statements.

Message 17 of 19
john398
Senior Contributor

I would just contact them via Facebook, it worked for me and so many others

Message 18 of 19
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

I guess it all depends on what kind of card you have. I wonder if you get better service for having a Venture card?

I started with the regular Platinum (not even Platinum Prestige). Upgraded (if you wanna call it that) to Quicksilver via chat. After a couple FB messsages my limit now stands at 3k. They matched my 3k from Citi which was the largest at the time. This was last month. The EO is very, very helpful and I absolutely have no complaints. Maybe it's because I got what I wanted...but the reputation Cap1 has on here does not reflect the service I have gotten from the EO. I honestly want their venture card just because I'd like to be in their top bracket so to speak. Probably does not mean anything but I'd like them to show their loyalty to me as I have to them. Coming up on three years now..but as i said. No complaints.

I will say this though. It seems like they have a generic/unhelpful/script to go by when helping people. EO is definitely the way to go to get your answer.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.