Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Update Income Info

tag
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Capital One Update Income Info

Hey all, not sure if this is a new feature or not but when I logged into my Capital One account just now it asked me if I wanted to update my account info, including income and employment status. I noticed when I clicked on the link that they had no income or employment status for me listed whatsoever. Of course, there's no guarantee that they really don't have my information on file but I updated it ASAP anyway to account for my most recent W2 statement (which is higher than when I first applied for my two cards).

Probably not related to everyone with sub-prime CapOne cards not being able to get an increase outside of the EO but wanted to mention it just in case maybe they're starting to evaluate non-prime accounts again.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Update Income Info

It's been there for a little while, but now they're pushing it once you log in.

Message 2 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I've noticed the option before, but I never got it pushed on a login. 

I wonder if that has been the secret to CLIs all along. Smiley Tongue 

Message 3 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'm betting it's an inside tool to "weed out" the candidates for "beyond frontline service."

Message 4 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It just asked me mine too.
And it specifically said something about eligibility for clis.
Chances are, they are doing it for the CARD Act or Dodd-Frank.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 7
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Same here.. also said they can use this information for credit line increases.. one can hope!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
vish1
Valued Contributor

I just logged in hoping they will offer me a CLI from 2250 to 10k or so, nothing Smiley Sad

I will check a few weeks later. I have NOT used my C1 for more than 2 years now.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.