Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Update & A Thank You!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Update & A Thank You!

So recently I posted that I was working on getting my credit score up since I have always ignored credit for so many years.   As recent as this past September, I applied at Capital One and was approved for the platinum (300) and QS1 (500).     After reading through so many threads and following the advice of a few people who replied in my threads, I contacted Capital One and was able to PC my Platinum to a regular quicksilver.   Pretty excited about that so I will be receiving my new card in the mail shortly to go along with my QS1.      I'm still waiting on my first CLI as well so all seems to be going well so far.

Basically, that leaves me with my current 3 lines of credit which will be my Care Credit (4K limit with less than $500 balance) my QS1 ($500 with a $65 balance currently) and my new Quicksilver coming in the mail.

Last bit of good new comes from my brother who recently just apped at Capital One and was approved for the Prestige Platinum (5K) and VentureOne(10K).    He is adding me to both accounts as an authorized user!  He has always had outstanding credit so this will allow me to earn some credit from him using his cards so that's a plus.   He told me he would let me have my own VentureOne card if I wanted but I'm not sure yet.    I'm just mainly wanting to bring my scores up since I'm in the low 600's at the moment.   

Will continue to pay everything like I should and I'm thinking of going ahead and possibly doing a shared secured loan or something to help as well.    I don't really need or want a store card unless it was something like Walmart or Amazon.   I had thought about NewEgg since I'm upgrading a few computer parts but not sure what score is needed and dont really wanna app anything since so much great stuff has happened from this weekend!

For everyone that has posted their stories, offered advice in my thread, or sent me a message with some info.   Thank you so much! 

I finally feel like I'm on the right path to building some credit!   

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Update & A Thank You!

Congrats on beginning to take the right steps.

Just keep in mind that it's a journey, and definitely not a race.  It takes a long time to develop a good credit history and score.  Personally, I wouldn't worry about the loan quite yet.  Let those scores start to come up and you can worry about adding different types of TLs later.

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.