Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Update

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One Update

As I had previously posted all 3 of my accounts (personal QS, and 2 Spark Business Accounts) were locked down due to Fraud Security Issues around AU.

I ended up closing all 3 accounts after refusing to submit Drivers Licenses and Social Security Cards for the AU.

I received another call on Thursday from EO again and it was a different agent and she stated she had been assigned my file.

I said, I spoke with EO yesterday and I was given the choice to close my accounts so I did.

She asked if I would like to fill her in on some of the details and she could see what she could do.

I said sure, I have a few minutes... I said my QS had some AU and cap1 asked for documents that my AU would not provide but I had submitted all my information to prove my identity.

She asked if it was an option would I be interested in the accounts being re-opened?

I said, YES!

I received a call today and she stated that she reachd out to another department and was informed that once an account has fraud security concerns without documents being provided they would not unlock or re-open that account BUT my 2 business accounts had NO AU and no security issues so they would be happy to re-open those 2 accounts if I would like!

YES!!

Spark Cash $2,000

Spark Miles $7,500 and she agreed to look into reactivating my bonus offer also since the account had been locked since before I received the card.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Update

original.jpg

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Better than nothing - congrats! And I'm sure with time you'll be able to get another QS - just next time NO AUs!!!! Any word on your partner's accounts?

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Better than nothing - congrats! And I'm sure with time you'll be able to get another QS - just next time NO AUs!!!! Any word on your partner's accounts?

I asked this same rep to help with his account and stated that we would submit his docs and the 2 AU for the business card and hope to keep it but would close out the personal QS.  Hopefully we can do that after the docs are loaded.

Message 4 of 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Thats awesome that they re-opened the 2...hope your partner has some luck also!

Message 5 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Glad something worked out for u in the end!
Message 6 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Thanks for the update!

While it sucks that you're having to deal with all of this, I'm glad to hear that Capital One was able to at least partially restore you to where you were.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.. Capital One is really stepping up for their customers. Even their recent invitation offers for business cards are Amex like envelopes. They come well packaged in a glossy shiny envelope with a small booklet just like how Amex does it.

I just smile when I see it.  Capital One is upping it up big time and I love them for it. They are paying attention and making their customers happySmiley Happy...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.