Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

I have been trying to see if i can switch my card from the standard platinum to their cash back card and each time i have called or chatted online they shot me down, and said i could apply for another account. One time i even did apply for another account and they declined and one of the reasons was "too many capital one accounts" and i only have one but my dad has one as well so i guess their decision system combined the 2 since it was the same address and declined me. I even called their Senior Account Managers and they could not help me. So for a while i just let it go. Then on 8/3/12 i went on their facebook and saw they have a email address for their facebook team. so I emailed them at: Social@capitalone.com and i told them all i went through and i even said i would like them to switch me to cash rewards as an insentive to keep me as a customer. Someone got back to me this morning asking for my zip code so i gave that to them and then they called me and at the time i could not answer so they left me a voicemail saying they were able to approve my request but wanted me to call them back to pass along some information to me. I called them back the number is for one of their case managers the number is 804-968-3587 I called them back and the guy that answered wanted to confirm everything and said they are going to add Cash Rewards to my account and it will be added to my account within 2 to 3 business days, then 7 to 10 business days i will recieve stuff in the mail about the change. He said nothing else will change on my account and they will not be issuing me a new account number or a new card either, so i just use my existing card and i get 1% cash back. He also said i will get a 25% bonus on top of the cash back earned this year. I logged into my account a while ago and there is a rewards section already added to my account. I am happy now that someone at Capital One was able to assist me and give me what i have asked to keep me as a customer. I hope all of this information helps you guys out there. I can't belive not even the Senior Account Managers could help me, but someone in their facebook team passed my emal on to some special case manager and i finally got help! I have had alot of luck with facebook teams from other companies, which i guess means the people that run their facebook pages must be higher ups or people that simply know what they are doing and want to keep customers happy! LOL Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

Nice.  Wonder if they can PC my Orchard card?  Hmmm....Smiley Indifferent

Message 2 of 44
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

LOL. Congrats on finding an alternative route to success Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 44
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your success!  Your determination is admirable.

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

I have been trying to see if i can switch my card from the standard platinum to their cash back card and each time i have called or chatted online they shot me down, and said i could apply for another account. One time i even did apply for another account and they declined and one of the reasons was "too many capital one accounts" and i only have one but my dad has one as well so i guess their decision system combined the 2 since it was the same address and declined me. I even called their Senior Account Managers and they could not help me. So for a while i just let it go. Then on 8/3/12 i went on their facebook and saw they have a email address for their facebook team. so I emailed them at: Social@capitalone.com and i told them all i went through and i even said i would like them to switch me to cash rewards as an insentive to keep me as a customer. Someone got back to me this morning asking for my zip code so i gave that to them and then they called me and at the time i could not answer so they left me a voicemail saying they were able to approve my request but wanted me to call them back to pass along some information to me. I called them back the number is for one of their case managers the number is 804-968-3587 I called them back and the guy that answered wanted to confirm everything and said they are going to add Cash Rewards to my account and it will be added to my account within 2 to 3 business days, then 7 to 10 business days i will recieve stuff in the mail about the change. He said nothing else will change on my account and they will not be issuing me a new account number or a new card either, so i just use my existing card and i get 1% cash back. He also said i will get a 25% bonus on top of the cash back earned this year. I logged into my account a while ago and there is a rewards section already added to my account. I am happy now that someone at Capital One was able to assist me and give me what i have asked to keep me as a customer. I hope all of this information helps you guys out there. I can't belive not even the Senior Account Managers could help me, but someone in their facebook team passed my emal on to some special case manager and i finally got help! I have had alot of luck with facebook teams from other companies, which i guess means the people that run their facebook pages must be higher ups or people that simply know what they are doing and want to keep customers happy! LOL Smiley Very Happy

You should get a 50% bonus at the end of every year your account is open, if they're only giving you a one time 25% bonus you got ripped off. They PCd me to Cash rewards and I get 1% on every purchase (plus bonus cashback for perk central purchases (make sure you check out perk central under "Earn More Rewards")) and a 50% bonus every anniversary of my account. Make sure you confirm you're getting the correct rewards Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 44
linux007969
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

You should get a 50% bonus at the end of every year your account is open, if they're only giving you a one time 25% bonus you got ripped off. They PCd me to Cash rewards and I get 1% on every purchase (plus bonus cashback for perk central purchases (make sure you check out perk central under "Earn More Rewards")) and a 50% bonus every anniversary of my account. Make sure you confirm you're getting the correct rewards Smiley Happy 

When i go to my reward summary it says "No Hassle Rewards"  when i click on "earn more rewards" i get another window open up and it redirects to the main login page. Maybe it will take a couple of days for the "earn more rewards" to work. Considering I got cash back finally i didn't get ripped off. Getting ripped off is not doing anything to make my credit card better.

Message 6 of 44
linux007969
Established Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

LOL. Congrats on finding an alternative route to success Smiley Wink

ya thanks, so now we have a new way to contact higher ups at Capital One.

Social Media Team (Facebook Team): Social@capitalone.com

Case Manager: 1-804-968-3587

When you email their facebook team all they ask for is your name, zip code and the discription of your issue. No other account info is needed. 

Message 7 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

When i go to my reward summary it says "No Hassle Rewards"  when i click on "earn more rewards" i get another window open up and it redirects to the main login page. Maybe it will take a couple of days for the "earn more rewards" to work. Considering I got cash back finally i didn't get ripped off. Getting ripped off is not doing anything to make my credit card better.

It took a couple days after "Earned Rewards: $x.xx" showed up on my account summary before the whole thing was accessable. 

Message 8 of 44
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Has this worked for anyone else? I might try to PC my Journey card into a no hassle cash rewards card

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 9 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@CreditChampion wrote:

Has this worked for anyone else? I might try to PC my Journey card into a no hassle cash rewards card

I don't know if they'll PC a journey, but it never hurts to try really. Worst they can do is say no. 

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.