cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

Thanks for the info, I just requested my Cap1 Secured MC be converted to Platnium Prestigue. We'll see. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 44
linux007969
Established Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

Thanks for the info, I just requested my Cap1 Secured MC be converted to Platnium Prestigue. We'll see. Smiley Happy

did u email social media or did you call the case manager?

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 12 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

I can almost assure you that will not happen. Platinum Prestige is one of their "prime" cards. Their "prime" cards have limits up to like 30-40k haha. Unless you've either got a really good score and you just did secured to get a higher limit, then it will almost definitely not happen. 

Message 13 of 44
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Just requested by email the cash rewards with no af....will keep yall posted.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 14 of 44
linux007969
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

I can almost assure you that will not happen. Platinum Prestige is one of their "prime" cards. Their "prime" cards have limits up to like 30-40k haha. Unless you've either got a really good score and you just did secured to get a higher limit, then it will almost definitely not happen. 

Perhapps they may counter offer? or maybe not since you may be asking something unreasonale. I don't mean to be rude but this information is to help people with reasonable requests and issues, not ment to be abused i hope everyone understands this. Again, sorry if that is rude.

Message 15 of 44
linux007969
Established Contributor

@CreditChampion wrote:

Just requested by email the cash rewards with no af....will keep yall posted.

yes please keep us posted, i would love to hear that my information helped somoene! Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 44
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

did u email social media or did you call the case manager?

I emailed social media.

Message 17 of 44
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

I think I made a good case. I told them I would take any unsecured card with no annual fee if they were unable to approve the Platinum Prestige.

Message 18 of 44
YahComb
Established Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

I think I made a good case. I told them I would take any unsecured card with no annual fee if they were unable to approve the Platinum Prestige.

The only issue is they don't even graduate the secured card at all. What you're askin them to do is kinda impossible until they make a policy change.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 19 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

I know they don't graduate ever, so your chances of PC are pretty slim. Their other cards aren't that terrible if you happen to get one of their targeted offers in the mail. My whole family got the platinum mastercard no AF offers within the last month or two. I applied through one of those for my first card and then 2 weeks later they agreed to PC me to cash rewards. I finally just got my new card in the mail 2 days ago, a month after PC.

Good Luck !! Hope it works out, keep us updated Smiley Very Happy 

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.