cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

tag
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

I talked with a different case manager today and it was a no go. I left a message on the voicemail of the ops case manger.....so we will see if he can get it to go through. I will keep you updated.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 21 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Good Luck!

A PC from a journey would be a new one. Did you ever get your credit steps CLI? 

Message 22 of 44
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

I am due for that in 8 days.

NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 23 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

a PC makes you inelgibile for any other offers on your account (including a CLI) for 6 months, so I would hold off Smiley Tongue They'll only bump you up to $750 probably though. 

Message 24 of 44
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Ok thats good to know i will wait for that measly cli first then lol...

PenFed Promise 5K
Message 25 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@CreditChampion wrote:

Ok thats good to know i will wait for that measly cli first then lol...

Yeah that's why I'm happy they PCd me before my first statement cut, so my credit steps will happens just as scheduled haha. I remember the woman said to me (and I saved the chat Smiley Tongue) " By agreeing to these account changes, you are no longer eligible for offers from Capital One on this account for 6 months." 

Message 26 of 44
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

@p- wrote:

Nice.  Wonder if they can PC my Orchard card?  Hmmm....Smiley Indifferent

Mine is getting cut up.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 27 of 44
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Social called me today and told me that I need to wait 45 days and ask again. They said they cannot PC from the secured card, but they would be able to open another account and close the secured. But, still, they said wait 45 days before doing that. He said that he would like to help and these are policies programmed into the computer, not something he is capable of overriding. 

Message 28 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Definitely doesn't take 45 days before you can PC. I opened my account june 22nd and was PCd july 12th.

You usually have to wait 45 days if you have two capital one cards and want to close one and open another. You usually have to close, wait 45 days then app.
Message 29 of 44
linux007969
Established Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

Social called me today and told me that I need to wait 45 days and ask again. They said they cannot PC from the secured card, but they would be able to open another account and close the secured. But, still, they said wait 45 days before doing that. He said that he would like to help and these are policies programmed into the computer, not something he is capable of overriding. 

It's awesome that they called you today! I wonder how they were able to add Cash Rewards to my account, if things can't be overridden? I mean i have the zero interest till september on my account and was still able to get Cash Rewards, so they had to override something to do that since no one else could do that for me. It is good that you guys are trying this out and at least the person that talked to you didn't say they couldn't help you at all, so it sounds prommising after that 45 day wait.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.