Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 671
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

I have been trying to see if i can switch my card from the standard platinum to their cash back card and each time i have called or chatted online they shot me down, and said i could apply for another account. One time i even did apply for another account and they declined and one of the reasons was "too many capital one accounts" and i only have one but my dad has one as well so i guess their decision system combined the 2 since it was the same address and declined me. I even called their Senior Account Managers and they could not help me. So for a while i just let it go. Then on 8/3/12 i went on their facebook and saw they have a email address for their facebook team. so I emailed them at: Social@capitalone.com and i told them all i went through and i even said i would like them to switch me to cash rewards as an insentive to keep me as a customer. Someone got back to me this morning asking for my zip code so i gave that to them and then they called me and at the time i could not answer so they left me a voicemail saying they were able to approve my request but wanted me to call them back to pass along some information to me. I called them back the number is for one of their case managers the number is 804-968-3587 I called them back and the guy that answered wanted to confirm everything and said they are going to add Cash Rewards to my account and it will be added to my account within 2 to 3 business days, then 7 to 10 business days i will recieve stuff in the mail about the change. He said nothing else will change on my account and they will not be issuing me a new account number or a new card either, so i just use my existing card and i get 1% cash back. He also said i will get a 25% bonus on top of the cash back earned this year. I logged into my account a while ago and there is a rewards section already added to my account. I am happy now that someone at Capital One was able to assist me and give me what i have asked to keep me as a customer. I hope all of this information helps you guys out there. I can't belive not even the Senior Account Managers could help me, but someone in their facebook team passed my emal on to some special case manager and i finally got help! I have had alot of luck with facebook teams from other companies, which i guess means the people that run their facebook pages must be higher ups or people that simply know what they are doing and want to keep customers happy! LOL :smileyvery-happy:

Discover IT TU Score: 739 as of 4/20/14 | TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 710 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 748 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 - 728

Capital One QuickSilver MC $4.5K | Amazon $1.8K (CLOSED) | Walmart $5K | Paypal SC w/Debit card $5K (CLOSED) | BOA 123 Cash Rewards Sig $5K | BOA BBR $1K | Discover IT $10K | AMEX Sr Green Charge (NPSL) | PNC CashBuilder $1.5K | Paypal Extras MC $6k | PNC Auto Loan $20,038.75 | AMEX SimplyCash Biz CC $3k | BOA Cash Rewards Biz CC $3.5K | Chase Freedom $4.5K | CapOne Spark BIZ Cash Select Visa Sig $5k |
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,658
Registered: ‎06-05-2008
0

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

Nice.  Wonder if they can PC my Orchard card?  Hmmm....:smileyindifferent:

3-26-15: FICO EXP: 814 - EQU:813 - TRAN: 809 - AVG: 812 +262 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 288
Registered: ‎02-06-2012
0

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

[ Edited ]

LOL. Congrats on finding an alternative route to success :smileywink:

Contributor
Posts: 101
Registered: ‎05-01-2010
0

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

Congratulations on your success!  Your determination is admirable.


Starting Score: EQ: 589 TU: 594 EX: 589 as of 5/1/10
EQ: 660 TU: 667 EX: 683 as of 3/5/2011 via PSECU
Current Score: EQ: 586 TU: 609 (walmart) as of 10/23/12 EX: 588 as of 9/8/12 Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,673
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!


linux007969 wrote:

I have been trying to see if i can switch my card from the standard platinum to their cash back card and each time i have called or chatted online they shot me down, and said i could apply for another account. One time i even did apply for another account and they declined and one of the reasons was "too many capital one accounts" and i only have one but my dad has one as well so i guess their decision system combined the 2 since it was the same address and declined me. I even called their Senior Account Managers and they could not help me. So for a while i just let it go. Then on 8/3/12 i went on their facebook and saw they have a email address for their facebook team. so I emailed them at: Social@capitalone.com and i told them all i went through and i even said i would like them to switch me to cash rewards as an insentive to keep me as a customer. Someone got back to me this morning asking for my zip code so i gave that to them and then they called me and at the time i could not answer so they left me a voicemail saying they were able to approve my request but wanted me to call them back to pass along some information to me. I called them back the number is for one of their case managers the number is 804-968-3587 I called them back and the guy that answered wanted to confirm everything and said they are going to add Cash Rewards to my account and it will be added to my account within 2 to 3 business days, then 7 to 10 business days i will recieve stuff in the mail about the change. He said nothing else will change on my account and they will not be issuing me a new account number or a new card either, so i just use my existing card and i get 1% cash back. He also said i will get a 25% bonus on top of the cash back earned this year. I logged into my account a while ago and there is a rewards section already added to my account. I am happy now that someone at Capital One was able to assist me and give me what i have asked to keep me as a customer. I hope all of this information helps you guys out there. I can't belive not even the Senior Account Managers could help me, but someone in their facebook team passed my emal on to some special case manager and i finally got help! I have had alot of luck with facebook teams from other companies, which i guess means the people that run their facebook pages must be higher ups or people that simply know what they are doing and want to keep customers happy! LOL :smileyvery-happy:


You should get a 50% bonus at the end of every year your account is open, if they're only giving you a one time 25% bonus you got ripped off. They PCd me to Cash rewards and I get 1% on every purchase (plus bonus cashback for perk central purchases (make sure you check out perk central under "Earn More Rewards")) and a 50% bonus every anniversary of my account. Make sure you confirm you're getting the correct rewards :smileyhappy: 

;
Established Contributor
Posts: 671
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!


jsucool76 wrote:

linux007969 wrote:

I have been trying to see if i can switch my card from the standard platinum to their cash back card and each time i have called or chatted online they shot me down, and said i could apply for another account. One time i even did apply for another account and they declined and one of the reasons was "too many capital one accounts" and i only have one but my dad has one as well so i guess their decision system combined the 2 since it was the same address and declined me. I even called their Senior Account Managers and they could not help me. So for a while i just let it go. Then on 8/3/12 i went on their facebook and saw they have a email address for their facebook team. so I emailed them at: Social@capitalone.com and i told them all i went through and i even said i would like them to switch me to cash rewards as an insentive to keep me as a customer. Someone got back to me this morning asking for my zip code so i gave that to them and then they called me and at the time i could not answer so they left me a voicemail saying they were able to approve my request but wanted me to call them back to pass along some information to me. I called them back the number is for one of their case managers the number is 804-968-3587 I called them back and the guy that answered wanted to confirm everything and said they are going to add Cash Rewards to my account and it will be added to my account within 2 to 3 business days, then 7 to 10 business days i will recieve stuff in the mail about the change. He said nothing else will change on my account and they will not be issuing me a new account number or a new card either, so i just use my existing card and i get 1% cash back. He also said i will get a 25% bonus on top of the cash back earned this year. I logged into my account a while ago and there is a rewards section already added to my account. I am happy now that someone at Capital One was able to assist me and give me what i have asked to keep me as a customer. I hope all of this information helps you guys out there. I can't belive not even the Senior Account Managers could help me, but someone in their facebook team passed my emal on to some special case manager and i finally got help! I have had alot of luck with facebook teams from other companies, which i guess means the people that run their facebook pages must be higher ups or people that simply know what they are doing and want to keep customers happy! LOL :smileyvery-happy:


You should get a 50% bonus at the end of every year your account is open, if they're only giving you a one time 25% bonus you got ripped off. They PCd me to Cash rewards and I get 1% on every purchase (plus bonus cashback for perk central purchases (make sure you check out perk central under "Earn More Rewards")) and a 50% bonus every anniversary of my account. Make sure you confirm you're getting the correct rewards :smileyhappy: 


When i go to my reward summary it says "No Hassle Rewards"  when i click on "earn more rewards" i get another window open up and it redirects to the main login page. Maybe it will take a couple of days for the "earn more rewards" to work. Considering I got cash back finally i didn't get ripped off. Getting ripped off is not doing anything to make my credit card better.

Discover IT TU Score: 739 as of 4/20/14 | TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 710 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 748 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 - 728

Capital One QuickSilver MC $4.5K | Amazon $1.8K (CLOSED) | Walmart $5K | Paypal SC w/Debit card $5K (CLOSED) | BOA 123 Cash Rewards Sig $5K | BOA BBR $1K | Discover IT $10K | AMEX Sr Green Charge (NPSL) | PNC CashBuilder $1.5K | Paypal Extras MC $6k | PNC Auto Loan $20,038.75 | AMEX SimplyCash Biz CC $3k | BOA Cash Rewards Biz CC $3.5K | Chase Freedom $4.5K | CapOne Spark BIZ Cash Select Visa Sig $5k |
Established Contributor
Posts: 671
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!


AF_23 wrote:

LOL. Congrats on finding an alternative route to success :smileywink:


ya thanks, so now we have a new way to contact higher ups at Capital One.

 

Social Media Team (Facebook Team): Social@capitalone.com

Case Manager: 1-804-968-3587

 

When you email their facebook team all they ask for is your name, zip code and the discription of your issue. No other account info is needed. 

 

Discover IT TU Score: 739 as of 4/20/14 | TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 710 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 748 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 - 728

Capital One QuickSilver MC $4.5K | Amazon $1.8K (CLOSED) | Walmart $5K | Paypal SC w/Debit card $5K (CLOSED) | BOA 123 Cash Rewards Sig $5K | BOA BBR $1K | Discover IT $10K | AMEX Sr Green Charge (NPSL) | PNC CashBuilder $1.5K | Paypal Extras MC $6k | PNC Auto Loan $20,038.75 | AMEX SimplyCash Biz CC $3k | BOA Cash Rewards Biz CC $3.5K | Chase Freedom $4.5K | CapOne Spark BIZ Cash Select Visa Sig $5k |
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,673
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!


linux007969 wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

linux007969 wrote:

I have been trying to see if i can switch my card from the standard platinum to their cash back card and each time i have called or chatted online they shot me down, and said i could apply for another account. One time i even did apply for another account and they declined and one of the reasons was "too many capital one accounts" and i only have one but my dad has one as well so i guess their decision system combined the 2 since it was the same address and declined me. I even called their Senior Account Managers and they could not help me. So for a while i just let it go. Then on 8/3/12 i went on their facebook and saw they have a email address for their facebook team. so I emailed them at: Social@capitalone.com and i told them all i went through and i even said i would like them to switch me to cash rewards as an insentive to keep me as a customer. Someone got back to me this morning asking for my zip code so i gave that to them and then they called me and at the time i could not answer so they left me a voicemail saying they were able to approve my request but wanted me to call them back to pass along some information to me. I called them back the number is for one of their case managers the number is 804-968-3587 I called them back and the guy that answered wanted to confirm everything and said they are going to add Cash Rewards to my account and it will be added to my account within 2 to 3 business days, then 7 to 10 business days i will recieve stuff in the mail about the change. He said nothing else will change on my account and they will not be issuing me a new account number or a new card either, so i just use my existing card and i get 1% cash back. He also said i will get a 25% bonus on top of the cash back earned this year. I logged into my account a while ago and there is a rewards section already added to my account. I am happy now that someone at Capital One was able to assist me and give me what i have asked to keep me as a customer. I hope all of this information helps you guys out there. I can't belive not even the Senior Account Managers could help me, but someone in their facebook team passed my emal on to some special case manager and i finally got help! I have had alot of luck with facebook teams from other companies, which i guess means the people that run their facebook pages must be higher ups or people that simply know what they are doing and want to keep customers happy! LOL :smileyvery-happy:


You should get a 50% bonus at the end of every year your account is open, if they're only giving you a one time 25% bonus you got ripped off. They PCd me to Cash rewards and I get 1% on every purchase (plus bonus cashback for perk central purchases (make sure you check out perk central under "Earn More Rewards")) and a 50% bonus every anniversary of my account. Make sure you confirm you're getting the correct rewards :smileyhappy: 


When i go to my reward summary it says "No Hassle Rewards"  when i click on "earn more rewards" i get another window open up and it redirects to the main login page. Maybe it will take a couple of days for the "earn more rewards" to work. Considering I got cash back finally i didn't get ripped off. Getting ripped off is not doing anything to make my credit card better.


It took a couple days after "Earned Rewards: $x.xx" showed up on my account summary before the whole thing was accessable. 

;
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 269
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

Has this worked for anyone else? I might try to PC my Journey card into a no hassle cash rewards card

Fico Scores: 763 EQ(12/11/12) 801 TU(02/06/15) 776 EX(02/14/2015)
AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 10K PenFed Plat Rewards 8.5K Citi Forward $7.1K Discover it 6.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back $4.4K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed)
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,673
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!


CreditChampion wrote:

Has this worked for anyone else? I might try to PC my Journey card into a no hassle cash rewards card


I don't know if they'll PC a journey, but it never hurts to try really. Worst they can do is say no. 

;
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.