Frequent Contributor
ficojoe

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

Thanks for the info, I just requested my Cap1 Secured MC be converted to Platnium Prestigue. We'll see. :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
linux007969

ficojoe wrote:

Thanks for the info, I just requested my Cap1 Secured MC be converted to Platnium Prestigue. We'll see. :smileyhappy:

did u email social media or did you call the case manager?

Discover IT TU Score: 739 as of 4/20/14 | TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 710 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 748 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 - 728
TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 705 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 721 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 -753 |

Capital One QuickSilver MC $4.5K | Amazon $1.8K (CLOSED) | Walmart $5K | Paypal SC w/Debit card $5K | BOA 123 Cash Rewards Sig $5K | BOA BBR $1K | Discover IT $8K | AMEX Sr Green Charge (NPSL) | PNC CashBuilder $1.5K | Paypal Extras MC $5k | PNC Auto Loan $20,038.75 | AMEX SimplyCash Biz CC $3k | BOA Cash Rewards Biz CC $3.5K |
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

ficojoe wrote:

I can almost assure you that will not happen. Platinum Prestige is one of their "prime" cards. Their "prime" cards have limits up to like 30-40k haha. Unless you've either got a really good score and you just did secured to get a higher limit, then it will almost definitely not happen. 

Frequent Contributor
CreditChampion

Just requested by email the cash rewards with no af....will keep yall posted.

Fico Scores: 763 EQ(12/11/12) 768 TU(12/11/12) ? EX(TBD)
Citi Double Cash 10K PenFed Plat Rewards 8.5K Citi Forward $7.1K AMEX BCE 6K AMEX Zync NPSL(AU) Discover it 5K Wells Fargo Cash Back $2.3K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed)
Established Contributor
linux007969

jsucool76 wrote:

ficojoe wrote:

I can almost assure you that will not happen. Platinum Prestige is one of their "prime" cards. Their "prime" cards have limits up to like 30-40k haha. Unless you've either got a really good score and you just did secured to get a higher limit, then it will almost definitely not happen. 

Perhapps they may counter offer? or maybe not since you may be asking something unreasonale. I don't mean to be rude but this information is to help people with reasonable requests and issues, not ment to be abused i hope everyone understands this. Again, sorry if that is rude.

Discover IT TU Score: 739 as of 4/20/14 | TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 710 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 748 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 - 728
TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 705 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 721 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 -753 |

Capital One QuickSilver MC $4.5K | Amazon $1.8K (CLOSED) | Walmart $5K | Paypal SC w/Debit card $5K | BOA 123 Cash Rewards Sig $5K | BOA BBR $1K | Discover IT $8K | AMEX Sr Green Charge (NPSL) | PNC CashBuilder $1.5K | Paypal Extras MC $5k | PNC Auto Loan $20,038.75 | AMEX SimplyCash Biz CC $3k | BOA Cash Rewards Biz CC $3.5K |
Established Contributor
linux007969

CreditChampion wrote:

Just requested by email the cash rewards with no af....will keep yall posted.

yes please keep us posted, i would love to hear that my information helped somoene! :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
ficojoe

linux007969 wrote:

ficojoe wrote:

did u email social media or did you call the case manager?

I emailed social media.

Frequent Contributor
ficojoe

jsucool76 wrote:

ficojoe wrote:

I think I made a good case. I told them I would take any unsecured card with no annual fee if they were unable to approve the Platinum Prestige.

Established Contributor
YahComb

[ Edited ]

ficojoe wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

ficojoe wrote:

I think I made a good case. I told them I would take any unsecured card with no annual fee if they were unable to approve the Platinum Prestige.

The only issue is they don't even graduate the secured card at all. What you're askin them to do is kinda impossible until they make a policy change.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

ficojoe wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

ficojoe wrote:

I know they don't graduate ever, so your chances of PC are pretty slim. Their other cards aren't that terrible if you happen to get one of their targeted offers in the mail. My whole family got the platinum mastercard no AF offers within the last month or two. I applied through one of those for my first card and then 2 weeks later they agreed to PC me to cash rewards. I finally just got my new card in the mail 2 days ago, a month after PC.

Good Luck !! Hope it works out, keep us updated :smileyvery-happy: 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}