cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

@linux007969 wrote:

Today I got my letter in the mail confirming the "change to my rewards program" Saying I now have No Hassle Cash Rewards. I also got a Q&A sheet about the program. The way they did this is strange but at lest I now get 1% Cash Back! 

On a side note today I got an unsolisited pre approved offer from First Premier for a Platinum Mastercard with a $700 CL, $175 AF & $525 initial credit line.... That junk is going in da shredder for sure, I'm not falling for that scam! lol.

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 41 of 44
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

Linux, thank you so much!!!!

My annual fee came due, and I haven't used my card for at least 5 months and it's still stuck at the same CL, so I didn't exactly feel like the account was worth $39.  Even so, I still didn't want to close the account as I'm in a position where it's important for me to have as much credit available as possible, so I really struggled with what to do.  Well, I called Capital One and spoke to an analyst and I was told that nothing could be done--still in my struggle, after seeing your post, I finally decided to try emailing via the reference you provided, and SUCCESS!  I had the annual fee credited back to one account that already had the fee posted to it and a credit was issued to the other that will have the fee charged in November.  While I didn't get an upgrade or PC or CLI, I acheived what I expected to acheive.

In my email to them, I realllly iterated that all over the internet, there are tales of people closing their Capital One accounts due to "non-growth".

"If Capital One would search the web about itself, it would see that people are closing and willing to close their accounts due to their Capital One accounts not growing with them.  I've read the recent article summarizing Capital One's financial position, but losing customers, especially ones who have proven their worth, over not increasing limits, doing product changes, offering little rewards, maintaining annual fees, maintaining high interest rates, etc, is not going to help.  Capital One has got to learn how to keep its customers, instead of buying new ones, i.e. buying HSBC."

Hopefully, Capital One will get it.

Again, thanks a lot!!!

Message 42 of 44
linux007969
Established Contributor

@jkjklkjkl wrote:

Linux, thank you so much!!!!

My annual fee came due, and I haven't used my card for at least 5 months and it's still stuck at the same CL, so I didn't exactly feel like the account was worth $39.  Even so, I still didn't want to close the account as I'm in a position where it's important for me to have as much credit available as possible, so I really struggled with what to do.  Well, I called Capital One and spoke to an analyst and I was told that nothing could be done--still in my struggle, after seeing your post, I finally decided to try emailing via the reference you provided, and SUCCESS!  I had the annual fee credited back to one account that already had the fee posted to it and a credit was issued to the other that will have the fee charged in November.  While I didn't get an upgrade or PC or CLI, I acheived what I expected to acheive.

In my email to them, I realllly iterated that all over the internet, there are tales of people closing their Capital One accounts due to "non-growth".

"If Capital One would search the web about itself, it would see that people are closing and willing to close their accounts due to their Capital One accounts not growing with them.  I've read the recent article summarizing Capital One's financial position, but losing customers, especially ones who have proven their worth, over not increasing limits, doing product changes, offering little rewards, maintaining annual fees, maintaining high interest rates, etc, is not going to help.  Capital One has got to learn how to keep its customers, instead of buying new ones, i.e. buying HSBC."

Hopefully, Capital One will get it.

Again, thanks a lot!!!

Your very much welcome. I'm glad i could help. Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 43 of 44
bmd0224
New Contributor

I've had the Capital One Platinum for a year and two months and they won't budge on a PC. Really frustrating. Good standing, never late. I want to keep it because it's my only card with no foreign transaction fees but it's my least attractive card right now. I've tried to PC to the Venture Card but no dice!

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.